Chapter 1

"Gooood MORNING Adventure Bay!!" The radio screamed at the PAW Patrol pups, who were all gathered around a large radio.
"Today's Forecast: Sunny!" The radio host cried excitedly. "As always! So spend it wisely! Climb a tree! Goof off!"
The host yelled as he said all of this.
"Sheesh." Rocky said with a grin. "That guy loves to be loud."
"Yeah, but he doesn't have to bark at us." Chase argued.
"Woof." Zuma joked.
The pups all laughed, and Ryder, from the Lookout observation deck, smiled.
"They're sure having fun down there."
He smiled again before walking back inside.
Down below, the pups all started making plans.
"I'm gonna go suwfing." Zuma said, bolting off for his hovercraft and loading his surfboard onto it.
"I'm gonna go around and see if there's any reusable stuff I can collect." Rocky said.
"New invention?" Rubble asked.
"Yep. I'll see what I can do with what I find."
Rocky turned around and sped off to his truck, to which he jumped in and drove away.
"I'm gonna go skateboarding." Rubble said, looking at Chase and Skye before walking away.
The two pups that were left looked at each other.
"What are you gonna do Chase?" Skye asked.
Chase looked back towards the place where the vehicles were all usually parked. But there was one that caught his attention, and it was the one with glorious red paint.
"I think I'll go see what Marshall's up to."
Skye smiled.
"I think it's cute how you two always find time to spend together."
Chase wasn't sure if Skye was trying to flirt with him or not, but he he knew he didn't like it. Everybody thought that Chase liked her, but only Rocky knew who he was truly after.
"Well...yeah..." He began, "Marshall and I always find time for each other. It's what best friends do."
"Well, I still think it's cute." Skye batted her eyes as she spoke.
At this, the police pup stood up.
"See ya Skye."
"Bye."
Chase made his way up to Marshall's fire truck, where he could be seen washing it.
'I REALLY hope she wasn't trying to flirt with me.' Chase thought as he kept walking. 'Everybody thinks I like her...but I don't....only Rocky knows the truth...only Rocky...'
Chase suddenly stopped short.
"And...not...my...best...friend..." He said slowly.
Chase looked at the fire pup, his eyes determined.
"One of these days I'll tell him." He said to himself. "I promise."
Chase approached his best friend, who turned off his water cannons when he saw him.
"Hey buddy!" Marshall said cheerfully.
"Hey Marshall." Chase replied. "Watcha doing?"
"Washing my fire truck." He replied. "I've got nothing else to do."
"You could hang out with me." Chase smiled.
"And I'm going to."
Marshall barked, making the water canon go away.
"Your truck looks nice by the way." Chase complimented. "Paint looks really good."
"Thanks. It took me awhile."
Chase laughed.
"I'll bet."
The two walked together to sit under a shady tree. And they were sitting pretty close.
"So...what's up?" Marshall asked.
Chase shrugged, his heart beating from the closeness.
"Nothing...you?"
"Nothing much."
The two went silent for awhile, but Chase suddenly felt like it was the perfect moment to tell his best friend the truth about their friendship.
"Marshall....I-I need to tell you something..."
"And what's that?" The Dalmatian asked.
"Well...I-I-"
Suddenly, the tags on their collars lit up.
"PAW Patrol, to the lookout!" Ryder said through the collars.
"Ryder needs us!" Marshall cried, springing up from his spot next to Chase. He ran off, leaving the German shepherd by himself.
'How predictable.' He thought.

Magically, Chase ended up in the elevator before Marshall. The other pups came in after, and then, there was the loud, classic cry,
"Wait for me!!!"
The pups looked up to see Marshall running towards them, howling happily, while the others braced for impact. There was a huge collision, and when Chase opened his eyes, he was on top of his best friend. Their eyes met, and Chase was as red as Marshall's truck. They both laughed nervously, and Rocky gave Chase a knowing wink. The elevator went up, and Chase got off of Marshall.
"S-Sorry..." He stammered.
"It's okay..." The fire pup responded quietly.
The elevator dinged and the pups all jumped out, forming their usual line.
"Ready for action Ryder, sir!" Chase exclaimed, setting his front paw down on the floor.
Ryder pressed a button on his pup pad, and the big screen lit up.
"Thanks for hurrying up pups. I just got a call from Katie, and she told me that one of her kittens got stuck on the roof. We need to get her down safely."
Ryder scrolled through the icon and selected the one with a flame on it.
"Marshall, I'll need you to use your ladder to climb up and bring the kitten down."
"I'm fired up!"
"The rest of you, just hang around here in case I need you."
The pups howled.
"Alright! PAW Patrol is on a roll!"
Ryder slid down the pole to his ATV, while Marshall went down the slide to his fire truck. Chase looked out the window, just in time to see them drive away.
"Be safe..." He said, almost as if Marshall was right there, standing next to him.