Chapter 10

"M-Marshal?!" Everest cried. "How long have you been up?"
"Long enough to know that you love me."
Everest sighed.
"Yeah...but you like-"
"Chase and I don't like each other like that," Marshall confessed. "It was something he and I did to get your and Skye's attention."
Everest's jaw dropped.
"Seriously?!"
Marshall nodded.
"Yep. I really wanted to make you jealous."
"Well....your plan worked."
Marshall grinned and nuzzled Everest under her neck. Everest blushes deeply and sighed happily.
"Mine?" She asked, looking down at the fire pup.
Marshall chuckled and licked her cheek.
"Yours."

Once Chase had told Skye about his and Marshall's plan, he told her who he truly loved. Her. And, surprise surprise, she felt the same way. Of course, this was all done after Chase beat up the brother's for hurting his best friend. Skye had smiled sweetly at him after their confession and jumped in her copter, and Chase followed suit in his cruiser. Ryder took the pupnappers to the pound, and he made it clear that they were to never, ever leave.
Later that day, Chase say with Marshall, who was resting from his injuries.
"I was SO worried about you." Chase told him.
"Thanks....I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"Causing all this. I should've ran instead of letting them take me."
Chase shook his head.
"They would've gotten you either way, buddy. Don't blame yourself."
Marshall sighed.
"Fine. Does Skye love you?"
Chase grinned.
"She sure does. And I assume you and Everest got together?"
Marshall nodded.
"Yep, she's all mine."
"Our plan worked out pretty well, huh?"
"Yeah, but it went a little far."
"Agreed. Kind of."
The two laughed.
"So, what'd you do to my brother?" Marshall asked.
"Smokey? He and Tracker'll be at the pound for the rest of their lives."
"Good. I hate them."
"Even though those are some pretty strong words, I don't blame you."
Marshall laughed again, and Chase laughed with him. Even though Chase liked laughing with Skye, he liked laughing with his best friend even more. There's just some things you do with your best friend that you can't do with your girlfriend.