Chapter 9

Well, one more chapter after this people!

Chase parked his cruiser outside of the warehouse where Marshall was being held captive. Skye lander her copter next to it, then jumped out. She nuzzled the German Shepard, making him blush. Chase was starting to doubt his feelings toward his best friend. Skye was sweet, kind, caring, adventurous and beautiful....she was everything she wanted. The good news, Ryder and the others had gone ahead, and the two pupnappers were being held down. Chase took a deep breath. He was to take Marshall to safety, until his brother and Marshall's were taken away.
"This is it..."
Chase and Skye walked through the door and into the room that held the dalmatian. Everest, who had also came along, was extremely anxious, and soon, Chase Saw why. Marshall was unconscious, his paw and jaw were both broken, he had a huge gash in his stomach, and he was lying in a pool of his own flesh and blood. It hurt Chase to look at him, but he couldn't tear his brown eyes away. Skye squeaked and nuzzled Chase's neck. He gave her a lick in return, and Everest ran over to Marshall and began to cry.
"Why...." The husky whispered.
Chase growled, but not at Everest.
"Smokey's always been jealous of him. And Tracker of me."
Everest sighed.
"I hope he'll be okay....I think...I think I love him..."
Skye was surprised and her head shot up, but Chase didn't move. He blinked back frustrated tears in his eyes.
"C'mon...lets load him up."

Once Chase got his best friend to the lookout, Everest stayed with him while Chase went back. She whined and put her paw on his back.
"I know you like Chase....but....a certain ice rescue pup has a thing for you too...."
Everest sighed when she got no response.
"Remember how we used to have snowball fights? Just you and me? I don't wanna do that with anybody else but you. And I've got reasons for that, so let me tell you something. You're handsome, brave, funny and loyal. Anybody would be lucky to have you....including me."
Everest sighed in frustration when the dalmatian didn't move.
"I'm just saying this. If you're the snowball and I'm the target....then you've got a shot."
Everest whined and put her head on his.
"Please come back to me...."
Marshall smiled.
"I already am here."