Chapter 10

~2 years ago~ Pete POV

So an app called Tiktok is really popular and all of my friends are on it. I am debating if I should get on it. I don't know what I have to offer or if anyone would be interested in anything I do. Danny does it and he is known for quite a few things such as singing, video games, thirst traps, his ability to do accents, and overall his looks. Nick does really well because of his personality. Brandon and Arny do thirst traps but in different ways, so I guess it is not impossible to do well but I am just not sure how to best start and what would help me be successful. I help Danny record a few before I ask him for tips and tricks.

"Is it just because your hot?"

"Pardon?"

"How do you have so many followers? What draws people to you?"

"I never really asked them but I know they really enjoy my British accent I do"

"How do you get people's attention? How do you keep it and be successful like you are now?"

"I didn't try to make content that people liked in the beginning. I just was myself and somehow that seems to be appealing to a lot of people"

"Should I start a Tiktok?"

"Of course, I think you would be great at it. It's a lot of fun and then you can include twitch for gaming and getting to know some of your supporters"

"I'm still not sure"

"Desperate times call for desperate measures"

Danny pulls out his phone and calls someone putting them on speaker. As they answer I realize he called Wynter.

"Hello sire"

"Hello darling, how are you?"

"I am okay, how can I be of service?"

"I am with Pete and I need you to convince him to start a tiktok"

"He should definitely start a TikTok, I follow you and the others to send thirsty and cringy comments"

"Really? What's your name?"

"Not telling, I don't flirt with you since you're taken but the others are free game. Am I on speaker?"

"Yeah"

"Pete, get a tiktok. I think you would be pretty popular"

"Why?"

"For starters, you're funny which literally will get you a lot of supporters because we need a laugh in this depressing stressful world. I just am extremely lucky to know you all. Second, you fit this protective big brother that wants to make sure his friends and family are okay, lean into that maybe. They will go crazy for you in cosplays or even just seeing how you dress for different events. Just be your nerdy self and that will draw people in"

"You think so?"

"I know so! I will help you with recording and with promotion to get your started if need be"

"You're the best"

"Of course, just let me know when you need me"

"Will do, love you Wynter"

"Everybody loves me, bye gentlemen" 

She hangs up and I look over at Danny.

"She was supposed to say it back"

"She's showing it by willing to record and edit for you, that takes forever honestly"

"Fine, I'll make a Tiktok then"

"I want to figure out her username to know what comments she's made"

"Maybe compare Arny and Brandon's comments and see if there are any common names, since you are in a relationship you can't figure it out from yours"

"I'll get her to tell me soon enough. For now, let's brainstorm some general ideas for tiktoks"

Danny and I take the next couple of hours playing video games and thinking of a ton of tiktok ideas for me. I hope that this takes off, it would be nice to do something fun and make people happy because of it. Maybe I will even be big enough to one day make money from it and get brand deals.

~5 months ago~ Wynter POV

It is a week past my 21st birthday. I spent a day with each husband as a birthday gift to myself but mainly for the memories. Little do they know it will probably be some of the last memories in person we have together. I spent the Saturday before with Danny skydiving. I am terrified of falling from high places but I trusted him the most out of everyone so I wanted that memory with him. It was scary but exhilarating and once we landed at the bottom we hugged for a while. I laughed and cried simultaneously and he thought it was because I was scared which is slightly true. I mostly cried because I am a horrible friend and weak. I hope he will remember this moment as one of our closest and live so happily that he barely remembers what pain feels like. That Sunday I did ziplining with Nick, it was fast and seemed to fit his chaotic energy. We had a blast and took lots of pictures. He is a beautiful soul and I am hoping that I am not the reason I break this tremendous strength he has as a ball of energy and happiness. The Saturday after my birthday I went jet skiing with Brandon because it seemed like something that would fit his speed. He's a big flirt but behind it all, he is actually a sweetheart and he was always checking in to make sure I was good and felt comfortable since he knew activities like this were not ordinary. I hope that he can show this side more to friends and hopefully be a nice partner in the future. I hope he will reach out to his friends more when he is able to be with them. The Sunday after my birthday I finished celebrating by parasailing with Arny. It was kind of romantic but not in an awkward way. It was nice, a healthy amount of flirting between friends but neither was too invested. After arriving home I wrote each of them letters that they are not to read until after Pete's birthday. I also dropped huge donations in each of their twitch streams for 5 streams straight. Each of them got $5000 with no explanation, $1000 for each stream. I never spend money on myself and I was lucky with a few investments so that is how I could drop so much on them. I didn't forget about Pete, it would just come around his birthday in September.