Chapter 11

TW: Hints at suicide

~Day after Pete's birthday~ Wynter POV

I am driving home with my stingray, I did research and this would do the least amount of damage. I feel I served my purpose in life and that was to make everyone I love happy and give them happy memories to remember me by. The only one I was not able to do that for was my mother, she always wanted grandchildren and I couldn't even get a boyfriend. Maybe I will visit her in her dreams and we live out our days that way. I arrive home and carefully carry the mini tank with the stingray into the house and take it to the bathroom. I read over all the letters I sent to the husbands after my birthday, I made a copy so I could read them one last time. I started with Danny's letter first.

Dear Danny,

I am so proud of how far you have come along and how big you are becoming. I donated that money to you to help in whatever way you think would be helpful for you to move forward whether it is gaming equipment or money you will use for cosplays and cons. It is the best I could think of to help you continue to be happy. I remember the first day you talked to me. I was sure it was out of pity but you made it your duty to prove me wrong and I will be forever grateful for you liking me for me. You accepted all my flaws and no matter how big you were becoming you never forgot about me. Even your girlfriend accepted me so in a way I felt like I was adopted into your mini family. I am sorry for not being strong enough to keep fighting. I am sorry that I was unable to find a better purpose in my life. My only purpose was to make sure everyone I loved was genuinely happy and I did that. Us celebrating my 21st birthday will be my favorite memory out of all of the husbands but don't tell them that. I will always be there for you even though not physically. I will try to make my presence known by warmth or a hug if that is even possible. Take care and I love you. Please do me this one last favor and make sure to get this list of things to Pete for me.

I start to tear up as I go on to read Nick's letter.

Dear Nick,

Nick!!!!!!!!! My beautiful ball of energy, you made it!  A lot of people love you just as much as I do. Hell, even people that try to dislike you are not able to because you are that amazing. You always could put a smile on someone's face and you took pride in that. I truly appreciate you spending time with me as a birthday gift. I wish we could have gone to cons together and done cosplays together. I know we were not extremely close but you were always nice to me from the moment we met and I don't think words can explain how much that meant to me. I wish I could have been more like you. I wish I could have pushed through my hard days and always looked for reasons to be happy. I hope that you will not hate me for what I have done. I just felt my time of making sure everyone was genuinely happy was completed. Everyone is succeeding in their lives and that is all I ever wanted. I hope my donation can help towards any dreams or goals you may have. Please take care of yourself and I love you so much. Please do me this one last favor and make sure to get this list of things to Pete for me.

Tears are running down my face as I decide to read Arny's letter next.

Dear Arny,

My love, you are becoming quite popular with the ladies now aren't you? Congratulations so far on all your accomplishments. If anyone deserves to succeed it is you. I want to thank you for being so sweet and kind to me. I think at first you found it cute to pick on me because of my shyness but it seems you truly got to like me. Us spending time together for my birthday was the closest I ever got to feeling like I was on a date and you weren't even trying so I know whomever you end up with is going to be a very lucky person. You are good at making people feel wanted and appreciated and I will always remember that. I did not get to know you as much as I would have liked to but I want you to follow your dreams whatever they may be. Please use the donations however you please and take care of yourself. You need to sleep more and stay hydrated. I never lived with you or I would have forced you to better take care of your body. I love you and I'm sorry that I wasn't strong enough to get over this. Please do me this one last favor and make sure to get the list of things to Pete for me.

I take a few deep breaths and then go on to finally read Brandon's letter.

Dear Brandon,

Did you ever think your looks and flirting would bring you so much love and support? People came for looks but stayed for personality. You have shown sweet and adorable sides of you that pull on a lot of people's heartstrings. You always had to make me blush once each time we met just for your own entertainment but I would relive each moment again if I could. Little did you know I would sometimes pretend you were serious when you flirted just so I can make a memory of how it felt to be a love interest of someone. I know you were just teasing but the attention was always appreciated because you made me feel like I could one day be someone's first choice. I just was not strong enough to wait that long and for that, I will forever feel sorry. We did not know each other well but I knew that you were a good person inside and out. I hope my donation can help with something you want to do moving forward. It may not seem like much thought was put into it but I hope us hanging out for my birthday showed how much I appreciated you. I will always love you, in this lifetime and the next. Please do me this one last favor and make sure to get the list of things to Pete for me.