4: Backed Off

As Drishti was sitting on the swing in her garden she started combing her hairs with her hands

As Drishti was sitting on the swing in her garden she started combing her hairs with her hands. Rakshit was with her and she couldn't tell him to go because Romi had ordered him to stay with her.

He was pushing the swing back and forth for her as she held her hairs in her hands and sighed.

Drishti:- bhai ne mana kar dia. Yuvraj dukhi hoga na?

Even if Rakshit had always admired her concern for others, it was unacceptable to him right now.

Drishti:- ab mein kya karugi? Yuvraj ko bura feel hi raha hoga na?

Han meri feelings ke bare mein kabhi mat sochna. Rakshit thought.

Rakshit:- meri mano agar shadi krne ka itna shonk hai to apni bhabhi ke pasand ke ladke se kar lo.

He was clearly trying to set himself up and Drishti did not know that he was talking about himself there.

Drishti:- bhabhi ne mere lea ladka pasand kia tha?

She looked at Rakshit as she snuggled her Mr. Crocs- her soft crocodile that she got on her third birthday- closer to her chest.

Rakshit:- sunne mein to aya hai.

Shrugging his shoulders he continued pushing the swing for her. Drishti looked at the stars and wondered why her brother said a no but didn't dare to question him twice.

He was never wrong when it came to her and she trusted him.

Seeing her silent Rakshit couldn't help but curse his fate for letting her set her beautiful eyes on someone else.

Drishti didn't know if she loved him. She thought he was the one for her as she knew him for so long and then he just came and asked her for marriage. She got overwhelmed and agreed to the marriage.

Drishti:- oh god. Uska text aya.

She yelled all of a sudden and stood up from the swing. As she opened the text and read it with excitement Rakshit was getting restless and annoyed at her acts.

Drishti:- bhai uske pas gae the aur man gae!

She smiled holding the phone closer to hear heart. Rakshit's fists tightened at the news. His hope once again seemed to have shattered but he was still determined to marry her.

Drishti:- tumhara bhai aya tha mujhse milne. Usne kaha ki mein tumse shadi kar skta hun. Mein man gaya par uske bad usne jo bataya-

She narrated happily but after that bataya word she stopped reading out loud. Rakshit watched her face turning from a happy to a tensed one as she read his texts later.

She dropped the phone on the ground and covered her mouth with her hands. A muffled cry escaped her lips along with a fresh stream of tears seeing which Rakshit ran to her.

Whatever might happen there was no way he would let her cry.

Rakshit:- Drishti kya hua?

He caught her face in his hands and wiped her tears as she cried harder.

Drishti:- usne kaha-

She sobbed before hugging him in grief and explained him the situation in a few words.

Drishti:- use pata chal gaya bhai kya kam krte hain aur phir usne shadi se mana kar dia.

Rakshit sighed in disbelief. Did Yuvraj actually love Drishti that he broke up with her over phone?

Drishti:- ye to galat hai. Usne mujhse shadi ke lea pucha aur phir khud hi piche hat gaya.

She was being reasonable. She wasn't the one who proposed, he was the one to do so and now when they got the chance to marry, he backed off.

Rakshit rubbed her back and caught her hand in his. Placing a kiss on her back hand he kept it on his chest and rested his hand on hers.

Rakshit:- Drishti please, ro mat. Please

She cried harder and harder as he tried to console her.

Drishti:- mujhe kisi se bat nahi krni!

She yelled and pushed him away to run away from that place. He ran after her and caught her under a tree. Pinning her back to the wood he held her shoudlers tightly to the tree and asked her to stop crying.

Rakshit:- Drishti please! Agar usne shadi ke lea mana kar dia to tumhe to khush hona chahea ki uska sach aj pata chal gaya. Vo tumse pyar nahi krta! Agar krta to ek text message ke upar aisa rishta na torta.

Drishti:- par-

Rakshit:- shh. Kabhi kabhi muh band kar lia karo. Jab dekho bolti rehti ho.

As he wiped her tears away gently she closed her eyes and kept her hands on his arms.

Romi and Divya were watching them from the balcony of their room. Divya kept her hand on his shoulder and pointed towards them.

Divya:- tumhe nahi lgta Rakshit Drishti ke lea theek hai.

Romi:- lgta to hai Divya. Par Drishti ko vo ajeeb sa- kya nam tha uska?

Divya:- yaad nahi.

Romi:- kya farak prta hai. Itna khas nahi hai vo. Drishti ko vo pasand aa gaya. Ab kuch time dena chahea use shadi na hone ke dukh se bhar ane ke lea. Phir hi usse bat karenge.

Divya:- kitne pyare lgte hain na dono sath mein.

Romi looked at both of them who had returned to their old state now.

There was nothing adorable about them sometimes and then suddenly they turned to be the most beautiful duo he had seen.

They smiled seeing Rakshit saying something in Drishti's ears to which she yelled something and started beating him. Her bangles jiggled as they hit him. His laughter and her screams of 'I hate you' filled the empty air.

Due to one of her shots he fell on the ground. That didn't stop her from taking the poor fellow's life though.

She got on her knees and patted his arms harshly. He held her wrists after five minutes of being beaten like a dirty rug and pulled her closer. She glared at him thinking that he was trying to annoy her.

Her elbows were on his shoulders, just where he put them. His hands were on her waist, holding her like the most precious thing in the world.

Drishti:- tum bht bure ho

Rakshit:- bht zyada

He smiled as he rolled them over and stood up. Walking towards the house he heard Drishti yell at him for leaving him on the ground and not helping her.

Tucking one of his hands inside his pocket he waved her a goodbye.