2: But He Said No

The ground beneath Rakshit's feet- yeah that slid away

The ground beneath Rakshit's feet- yeah that slid away. Poor fellow kept looking at the couple holding hands and talking extra sweetly.

She never talked to me like this, he thought.

Romi looked bewteen Rakshit and Drishti and then Drishti and Yuvraj. To him Drishti and Rakshit seemed the best but he couldn't force her to love him if she loved this other man, could he?

If she wouldn't have brought Yuvraj here then he would talked her about tying knots with Rakshit and having no other reason to reject other than the fact that she disliked him, she would have said a yes.

Her disliking was pointless. She didn't have a proper reason thus he knew she would try knowing Rakshit on his request. As for Rakshit, Romi knew he would say yes.

Romi went forward to talk to Yuvraj as Drishti held Romi's hand to request him or better say blackmail him.

Divya on the other hand was more than freaked hearing to this. Running to Romi ans standing beside him, she looked at Rakshit who was clearly glaring at Yuvraj which if anyone else saw would be a problem.

She slowly walked to him and held his fist as he tried to move. Rakshit looked at Divya and took a deep breath as she told him to stay where he was.

Even he knew that Divya was aware of his love towards Drishti. She would tease him whenever he was around Drishti, tried to get them together and even asked Drishti indirectly if she liked Rakshit. To which Drishti obviously yelled a no and started complaining about Rakshit being mean and irritating to her.

Divya:- mujhe pata hai tumhe Drishti pasand hai par abhi nahi. Chup chap khare raho.

Rakshit:- aur us Yuvraj ko Drishti se chipakta dekhu. Kyu?

Divya:- Rakshit shant ho jao. Kuch nahi hoga.

Rakshit:- Divya tumhe to sab dikhta hai na sab. Kya lgta hai ki kya Drishti ise pyar krti hai? Vo ise pyar krta hai?

Divya:- mujhe nahi lgta. Dekho to kaise bar bar uske hath ko hata rahi hai. Ye to uske sath comfortable hi nahi lag rahi. Uske ek bar nah kehne pe ise ruk jana chahea tha agar ye uski respect krta.

Rakshit noticed that Yuvraj was trying to place his hand on her waist as he was talking to Romi.

Rakshit:- what the hell? Uski himmat kaise hui? Uska hath na tor dun- hathora le ke-

Divya:- chup! Krte hain kuch. Abhi Romi ke decision ke lea ruk jao.

Drishti saw Divya standing in corner and walked to her to embrace her. Rakshit stood there curiosly watching the man who came to woo her.

Divya:- Drishti ye ladka- ise kab mili tum.

Drishti:- bhabhi ye mera college friend tha. College ke andar to hum best friends the bt do sal pehle ye foreign chala gaya. Par hanara contact raha. Kuch months pehle aya to isne mujhe shadi ke lea pucha aur meine han kar di

She hugged Divya happily while Rakshit cringed seeing her shy for someone else.

Ye kya musinat hai, he thought.

Romi:- Drishti, tum Rakshit ke sath kamre mein jao. Mujhe aur Divya ko Yuvraj se bat krni hai.

Drishti:- par bhai-

Romi:- Drishti, jao.

Just one order and she instantly obeyed him. Her brother was the person she respected the most so she never questioned anything if he asked her to do something twice. She knew he would never do her anything wrong.

He was the one who raised her and loved her with all his heart. Earlier he denied marrying because he thought she would feel lonely but later she demanded him to marry the girl she liked. Well he didn't agree, so Rakshit and Drishti found Divya who secretly Romi and boom- Romi fell in love.

Rakshit took her to the room but the way she kept talking about the Yuvraj guy was getting on his nerves.

As they reached the room he shut the door behind them and held Drishti's shoulders when she expressed her happiness in marrying Yuvraj.

Rakshit:- to? Tum kya aise hi kisi se bhi muh uthake shadi kar logi. Kisiko puchna zaruri nahi samjha kya?

Drishti:- bhai se puchne hi to ae hain hum dono.

Rakshit's eyes held anger in them, the anger he always put behind while talking to her but today he couldn't.

Rakshit:- aur mujhse pucha?

Drishti:- tumse kyu puchu?

She spoke but her voice was low since it was the first time she had seen Rakshit beyond angry at something. She had seen him angry and she knew he reached the point too quickly but even when in anger if it came to talking to her, he would never look mad or yell at her.

Just a glimpse of her was enough to cool him down and as he held her shoulders tightly and pulled her closer to him, that same innocent look came in front of his eyes as she held his shoulders due to the sudden pull.

Rakshit:- phirse nahi

He groaned in disappointment since he failed to be angry beside her when it was needed.

Drishti:- kya nahi.

The same Drishti who used to talk to him in a taunting or threatening tone was now talking like she felt unsafe near him.

Rakshit:- kuch nahi

He sighed. As soon his eyes fell on ger dupatta which was displaced from her shoulders as usual, he smiled yet again and took it in his hands.

Rakshit:- bs ye jan lo ki usse tumhari shadi nahi hogi.

Drishti:- kyu nahi hogi!

She yelled. He simply smiled it off while placing the dupatta on one of her shoulders and placed his hand on her head before tapping it twice.

Rakshit:- bs meine kaha na. Mujhe sab pata hai.

Drishti:- tum kuch krne ki to nahi soch rahe?

Bowing her head a little but maintaing the eye contact she held his shoulders while he smirked at her. Her mouth opened as she noticed his smirk but before she could say anything to him, Divya entered the room and saw them together.

Drishti didn't make an attempt to part from him but kept standing like that. His hands were on her waist now and pulled her to his chest. Her attention was towards Divya who told her to come down and in that state of mind she unintentionally kept her on his chest while holding his arms.

Drishti:- oh, abhi ai.

Divya left the room as she saw Rakshit standing calmly with his eyes closed and Drishti unbothered by it. Rakshit was pretty confident that Yuvraj wouldn't marry Drishti, because he himself would make sure He didn't.

Drishti:- pata nahi bhai ka kya decision hoga.

She whispered while snuggling closer to him.

Drishti:- kya bhai manenge.

She kept her chin on his chest and looked up at him. He opened his eyes as he felt her movement and smiled at her. Seeing Rakshit, creases appeared on Drishti's forehead.

Drishti:- tum!

She pushed him away gently before running downstairs. He went behind her and stood on the balcony, smirking as he just heard Drishti yelling why Romi rejected Yuvraj.

Rakshit:- and here we go

Either Yuvraj would return and try or he would simply leave. If he didn't leave, Rakshit decided to teach him his way. No hurting but- still an efficient way.