Chapter 8 | Arrivals & Arrangement

(Ash's POV)

After coming back from the beach I took a shower and headed to the living room to chill. Right as I take a seat, I hear a knock on the door. Talk about bad timing. I get up and open it to see Drew, Kenny and Katsu.

"What's up Ash? Wanna hang?" Kenny asks.

"Sure" I say, letting them all in. 

Drew hops on the couch and Katsu follows. Kenny gets on the recliner and finds a comfortable position.

"Where's Oak-Tree?" Drew asks me.

"I think he's taking a shower" I say.

I suddenly realize what I said and we all start smiling evilly. We head to Gary's bathroom and slowly open the door. We see his shadow singing into one of the shampoo bottles.

"Life is a highwayy and I wanna ride it...." he sings horribly off-tune. Kenny heads to the lights and turns it off, the rest of us grab him from the shower curtain.

"AHHHHH!" he screams. The rest of us burst out laughing and run outside, leaving the lights off.

We quickly sit down in the lounge still laughing like maniacs to ourselves.

"Did you hear the way he was singing? He was getting into it" Katsu laughs, clutching his stomach.

"He was having a full on concert there" Drew says, chuckling.

"He's probably gonna come down any minute" Kenny says, wiping his eyes with a tissue.

Kenny's prediction came true as 5 minutes later, Gary comes stomping down the stairs glaring at them.

"Hey Gary, we heard you scream back there. Everything alright?" I ask innocently.

"Yeah except I got jumped in the shower by YOU GUYS. You even left the lights off!" he complains.

"We're sorry you had to cut your exciting and insane concert short, but we're kinda bored and we wanna do something" Katsu says, sniggering.

Kenny starts laughing while Drew tries to hold his in but is failing miserably.

"Why couldn't you just invite the girls or something?" Gary asks.

"Because this time is specially reserved the guys" Drew says casually.

"Whatever, I'll order pizza" Gary sighs, giving up.

"That's more like it!" Kenny says, turning on the TV.

A few hours later, we're all sitting down there with pizza and talking while watching soccer.

"Hey guy, wanna prank call someone?" Gary ask, smirking devilishly.

"Oh man I AM IN!" Drew says.

"Same here"

"Me too"

Gary gets our home-phone and his regular phone. "Who do we call first?"

"Hmm...how about May?" Drew suggests.

"Are you doing that only cause you like her?" Kenny teases.

"Shut up! I don't like her!" Drew says, going red.

"Okay fine I will call May" Gary says dialing her number and handing the phone to Drew

"Hello?" I hear May on the other end.

"Hello, is this May? " Drew says in a deep voice.

"Uh yes this is, who are you?"

"I'm the coach for the Kalos National Volleyball team, I've seen you in action and we'd love to have you on our team" he says in the same deep voice.