Chapter 1 | A Dawn Of A New Era!

Ash's POV

My name's Ash Ketchum. I'm a regular 16 year old kid. Actually, I take that back. I'm anything but regular. I'm really smart and I'm pretty rich. My parents died in a plane crash when they went on a business trip. I was with them, and I was the only one that survived. It's pretty strange, since it was supposedly one of the most safest planes. 

After the plane crash, I was sent to live with my friend Gary Oak and his mom. Mrs. Oak is a really nice lady and is always taking care of me and being there for me. Then there's Gary. I've known him forever. Gary's a little annoying sometimes but he's a really good friend. He has mahogany spiky hair and viridian eyes. He usually wears a black t-shirt with a light sea green short-sleeved jacket over it, along with some regular jeans. 

One of my other childhood friends is a girl named Leafia Green. She's a brunette with hazel eyes and she wears a white and red hat, with a sky blue tank top and a red skirt. She's a very energetic person and has a playful personality. Gary and I haven't seen her since we were 7 but apparently she's coming with us to school.

Gary and Leafia. These two always supported me and I appreciate them a lot, even if they tease me every now and then. Speaking of which...

"Ashy-Boy! Wakey Wakey!" An annoying voice rang through my ears.

That would be Gary, waking me up to go to school.

"I'm up, I'm up" I responded. I sat up and saw him standing in the doorway.

"Come on, pick up the pace Ashy-Boy, we've got school today!" he called.

"School...? Alright, I'm coming, Oak-Tree" I said while heading out to the kitchen. He followed me out with a frown on his face.

"Do we have to do this...this school thing? Can't we ditch or something?" I asked while making myself cereal.

"No way! If my mom found out that we ditched on your first day of school, we'd be grounded for eternity plus one!" He exclaimed, sitting down with his cereal.

"I'm already a genius aren't I? What good will school do me?" I queried as I sat down.

Gary shrugged and continued eating.

"My mom thinks it teaches responsibility. And it's not like we have a choice Ashy-Boy"

"Stop calling me Ashy-Boy" I said, taking a spoonful of cereal. "When's Leafia coming?"

"Erm...a few minutes. She's doing some stuff." Gary answered stupidly with a mouthful of cereal.

"And she's coming with us? To the Kalosian..." I trailed off, forgetting where we were going.

"Kalosian Institution of Education. K.I.E." Gary finished for me. "And yes, she is. We'll finally be able to see her again!"

"Yeah yeah" I say, waving my hand. I take another spoon of cereal. 

"Oh yeah! You're probably wondering what you do in school!" Gary says, as though he thought of something

"Actually no-"

"Don't worry Ashy-Boy! Well first thing you need to know is that there's classes and the teachers teach you things" Gary says proudly, as if he was the smartest person alive.

"No way...I had absolutely no idea" I said sarcastically.

"Shut up, I don't know how to explain it ok? You'll see when we get there" He says, frowning at me.

"I don't need to! I know what you do in school" I say, finishing my cereal.

"Ohhh. Why didn't you say so Ashy-Boy?" He says, grinning.