Chapter 18 | We Make A Good Team, Don't We?

A/N: updated the cover lol

ALSO WE HIT 3K READS, THANKS EVERYONE

-------------------------------------------------

Xavier? Wait, there's no shot...

"My son is Calem Xavier, in your class. Get along with him won't you?"

I shot a look at Gary, who froze in place before spinning around.

"Hold up! That dude's your son?" he asked in shock.

Lysandre burst out laughing as he approached the exit, standing shoulder to shoulder with Gary.

"My pride and joy Mr. Oak," he said.

I raised an eyebrow. "And you tell us this, why?"

"I just want everyone to get along. For all you know, he could be working at Ketch. International," he said simply.

I heard Gary struggle to hold in his laugh as I sighed.

As if I'd let that dipstick within a kilometer of the building. 

I scoffed at the thought. "You like your jokes, huh?"

Gary gave me the eye as Lysandre tilted his head slightly.

"No no, I just think the CEO of Ketch. International oughta choose his employees carefully," he replied. "Calem does have potential and is quite resourceful."

"I think I'd take it serious enough to choose my employees carefully," I said. 

"I am pleased with that answer," he said quietly. "That is to say, if you are the CEO."

Gary suddenly spoke up. "What are you talking about? Why wouldn't he be the CEO?"

"Just because I'm not in power right now doesn't mean I won't in the future," I said, irritably. "Ketch. International belongs to my dad, so I will inherit it no matter what."

"It does not however, guarantee that you will," he replied with a serious look.

I dropped the crate that was in my hands onto the floor. "What are you trying to say here?"

"I will be frank with you Ash, there is quite a lot of people interested in buying ownership of the company," he said.

"I'm aware of that much, Dad was approached by Plasma Labs at least 3 times the month before the crash." I said bluntly.

Lysandre nodded. "That is not all. The companies of Magma, Aqua, and even Rocket have approached the board with deals regarding the ownership."

"Oh yeah, I did heard about that. So what? Didn't they turn them dow-"

"I am also one of them." he cut me off.

He said WHAT?

I stopped instantly. "You're what?"

"This is what I wanted to discuss with you Ash, I am interested in taking ownership of the company," he said.

I remained silent, looking over at Gary. He simply shrugged at me, frowning.

"You?" I managed to get out.

"Just picture it Ash. Your brains in the tech development, and my experience in the ownership. It would be the biggest success of the century!" he declared.

"No, I don't believe that will work out Lysandre," I refused. "I want complete control over the company."

Lysandre smiled lightly before opening the door. "I see. If that is your answer I can live with it for now."