Chapter 3 | Clutches and Comebacks

(Ash's POV)

"Ashy-Boy, time to get up!"

Already? It felt like 3 seconds had passed since I went to bed. 

"ASHY-BOY!" Gary calls again.

"Shut up!" I yell, and throw a pillow at him.

"School Ashy-Boy" He says after moving pillow off his face.

I sit up and rub my eyes. The time is 6:47am. I get up and walk past Gary into the kitchen.

"Morning Mrs. Oak." I say sleepily.

"Good morning Ash!" She says. "Here's your breakfast"

She places down a plate of pancakes with chocolate sauce drizzled on it.

"Thanks" I say and start eating. Gary takes a seat on the couch and starts texting away.

"And why aren't you eating?" His mom asks.

"I already ate" He says and continues texting. His mom sighs and grabs her bag.

"I'll see you boys later, bye!" She says waving.

"Bye" I say and she leaves for work.

After a while I finish my breakfast and take a shower. I quickly put on my clothes and grab my bag. When I come outside, Gary is sleeping on the couch lazily. I flick his face, which made him sit up immediately.

"What the hell?" He says rubbing his face.

"School" I say.

He gets up and grabs his bag. We head outside and start walking to school.

"So why did you fall asleep?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhh, you took too long to get out of the shower" He answers quickly.

"I took 10 minutes..." I say, sweatdropping.

"Same thing" He says as he rolls his eyes.

"Hi Ash, Gary!" A voice calls behind us.

We turn around and see Leafia running towards us.

"Morning Leafia" Gary says and we continue walking.

"Morning" She says cheerfully. "We've got 30 minutes until school starts, why don't we grab a milkshake?" 

"Sure" I say.

We all head to Mrs. Lopez's shop and enter.

"Morning Mrs. Lopez" I say.

"Good morning Ash!" She says brightly. "The usual?"

"Yep!" Is all I say.

"Coming right up" She says and bustles off to make our order.

"Hey Leafia! Gary, Ash!" A voice says. I look and see Kit standing there with a milkshake, one hand in her pocket. 

"Hi Kit!" Leafia says. Leafia goes and talks with Kit for a bit and we all take a seat at one of the booths. Mrs. Lopez gives us our milkshakes.

"We're still waiting for Katsu, the rest are already at school" Kit says, taking a sip of her milkshake.

"I think he's here" I say staring out the window, seeing Katsu cross the street. Katsu walks into the store and orders his milkshake. He takes a seat with the rest of us. He has shadows under his eyes and looks really tired.

"What happened to you?" Leafia asks concernedly.

"No sleep" He says quietly.

"How?" Kit asks as Katsu gets his milkshake.