Chapter 5 | Connection and Correlation

Ash's POV

Romance. He gave us Romance. Did I mention that I hate writing romance? Did I mention I was AWFUL at writing Romance? He should have given this to Dawn, I hear Romance is her thing and she gets super crazy about it.

"Hello? Ash? Does that sound okay?" I hear the professor ask.

"Yeahhh this is perfect, thanks Professor" I say in a strained type of voice. I turn and see Serena with stars in her eyes. She notices me and gives me a smile. I smile back at her. We then walk off.

"I can tell you're not the type to be writing Romance" she says giving me a cheeky grin.

I give her a grin. "Caught me. I just find it difficult to write all that...mushy stuff y'know?"

"Well it's not for everyone. But..." She turns around and stops in front of me, facing me. "You don't have to worry about all the romantic parts. Just write the general plot. I'll handle everything else!

I raise my thumbs and grin at her "You got it". She walks off to the other girls. Not too long after, Gary comes and sits with me on the table.

"Who'd you get paired with?" I ask him.

"Drew, our genre is Action. What about you?"

"Serena, our genre is..." I quickly stop myself.

"What? Come on Ashy-Boy spill the beans!" He complains.

"...Romance." I say reluctantly.

"Ohhahah! Ashy-Boy's gonna be writing a Romance story with Serena!" He says laughing his ass off.

"Yeah yeah laugh it up" I say dismissively.

"Oh this is perfect. I have to tell the others." Gary says wiping a tear.

"Go right ahead if you want Leafia to beat you up" I say in a threatening tone.

This makes Gary frown and cross his arms. "You're no fun" he complains in an annoying tone.

"Yeah, say what you want" I say. 

I focus on Serena. There's something about Serena that's just really interesting. She knows exactly what to say for a confidence boost, and her smile is just completely mesmerizing. You can't take your eyes off her even if you tried. I can already tell she's got tons of admirers. And her eyes-

"Uh, yo Ash? Are you done checking out Serena so you can help me and Drew?" Gary asks, snapping me back to reality.

I frown at him. "I wasn't checking her out"

"Oh yeah you were, I know when someone's checking someone out Ashy-Boy" He says snickering at me.

"Yeah you'd be totally familiar with the feeling" I mutter. "Anyways, what do you and Drew need help with?" I hop off the table and spend the rest of the lesson helping them.

-Time Skip- (No POV)

It is now the end of the day, everyone's exhausted and excited for the weekend. 

"Yo Ash!" Gary calls out. Ash turns his head and sees Gary and Leafia. 

"Hey" he says.

"Don't forget, Serena's coming over later when we start our projects, remember?" Leafia reminds them.

Upon hearing this, Ash and Gary immediately look at each other. This was not because they forgot she was coming over. It was because they had forgotten to clean the house.

"Oh yeah, we know" Gary says. "Right Ash?!" He adds quickly as a desperate attempt of assurance.

"Yup, we know" Ash says in a much more calm and controlled manner.