Chapter 10 | Ash & Serena's Day

(Serena's POV)

The guys took off to go play basketball outside, leaving us here.

"Okay serious business" Dawn says bringing us in closer. "I gotta know if you any of you like someone, except for Serena, we already know"

I went red.

"Why do you need to know?" May asks.

"Because it's my job as your friend to make sure you get with the person you like" Dawn says, putting her hand on her chest.

"Don't you think we can do it on our own?" Kit asks her.

"Oho, so you DO like someone! Who is it?" Dawn says, ignoring Kit's main point.

"Wha-I meant that theoretically!" Kit says, flustered.

Dawn sighs. "Come on, you guys have to tell me. It's a proven fact everyone I ship eventually gets together. So spill the beans already!"

An idea pops into May's head. "I'll tell you, if you answer this question"

Dawn immediately turns to her. "Yes!"

"Do you like Kenny...or not?" May asks her simply.

"Yup, now tell me who you like! Now!" she says without missing a beat.

Well that backfired terribly. May looks surprised.

"That's not the flustered reaction I wanted" May complains. "I'm starting to think you didn't answer that honestly"

"Well too bad, answer my question May!" Dawn says, grinning.

"Well, it's...Drew" May says trying to make it sound like it wasn't a big deal but ended up sounding more nervous than ever.

"Called it" I say, smirking at her.

"Two down, two to go" Dawn says, turning towards Leafia and Kit.

"I'm not interested in anyone right now" Leafia says shrugging.

"Oh yeah but what about today when you came back to class and-" Dawn gets cut off by Leafia putting her hand on her mouth.

"Noooo, don't mention that~" Leafia says, going pink. "Besides we were just finding my book"

Dawn shrugs. "I bet I know who it is anyways. Now it's just Kit left!" 

Kit sighs. "It's no one"

"Not even Katsu? Wow..." I say, half-surprised.

"Eughh, no! Katsu's just a friend" Kit says, looking away.

"Could this be...Tsundere behaviour?" Dawn asks, with a smirk.

"No! It's not like that" Kit says, waving her hands in front of her face as a tinge of red crept onto her face.

"Whatever, I need to work on Serena anyways" Dawn says.

"H-huh?" I ask in confusion.

"You need to make the move on Ash! It's not just some silly crush anymore!" Dawn says.

"N-no way! There's no guarantee he even likes me" I say, sounding slightly disappointed.

"I'm pretty sure he likes you" Leafia says.

"W-what?"

"He goes on and on about you, and remember in the milkshake store when he wiped the milkshake off your mouth?" she says.

"I-Uh.." Was all I could say. I felt really happy that he went 'on and on' about me.

"Yeah, plus it would stop Calem from trying to take you out" May says.