Chapter 26

**1 1/2 Months Later**

Your P.O.V.

After the surprise of Ariana showing up at my house nothing else like that has happened again. Want to know why? I'm officially not her bodyguard anymore. It took a hell of a lot of sweet talking to my boss to let me quit being her service.

I don't know how but Scooter managed to convince Ariana to sign a mutual agreement along with me to let me go.

During the meeting Ariana looked sick. She had bags under her eyes, she's lost so much weight, and she looked drained of life. She was basically a shell of what she used to be. Did it hurt seeing her like that? Yes of course, she used to be the center of my universe but I knew this had to happen or it would make everything worse for the both of us. All I want for the girl is to thrive, be happy and have all the success in this world.

After the meeting Ariana waited outside for me and we talked for a bit. Kind of helped me move past what happened well at least a little bit.

Flashback

I push open the front doors to the building and I'm met with a tiny brunette, "Hey Y/N can we talk?" The girls asks grabbing my forearm gently.

I look down and nod slowly as I pull my arm away, "What's up?"

"I just wanted to thank you for everything that you have done for me. Thank you for the memories that I will keep with me for the rest of my life. I will never be able to thank you for saving me all those times," She smiles sadly looking down as tears slowly fall, "I wish I would've just stayed home with you. Leaving you was the worst thing I could've ever done and I replay that moment in my head every minute of everyday."

I rest my hand on her shoulder, "It's not okay what's happened but Ariana I wouldn't take back anything we've done." I admit making her jerk her head up surprisingly, "I couldn't just erase you that easy because I was IN love with you Ariana. Nothing will ever change how I felt about you. Please just focus on everything and be happy, you deserve it too."

The girl jumps forward wrapping her arms around my waist and burying her face deep into my chest, "You're all I'm focused on Y/N/N." When she says my nickname I feel a sharp pain in my chest but I shake my head and pull her off of me.

"You're going to be okay." I smile sadly knowing this is our goodbye. Something I never thought would happen but that's just how life goes.

Ariana looks up at me and before I could register anything she grabs the back of my neck pulling me down in a desperate kiss. She sighs into it but I quickly grab her cheeks pushing her face away, "No....just stop please." I whisper rubbing my thumb under her eyes drying the tears away, "I've got to go, bye Ariana."

I kiss the side of her head and all she does is let out a whimper. I hated leaving her so broken and lost but I couldn't turn back. At least not right now. We still need time but if we reunite in the future then maybe just maybe we could have our happy ending but right now....that's not possible.

End of flashback

I don't have as much anger as I used to towards her. Doja has helped me get through all the tough times through the past few weeks. She's been nothing but supportive and has given me as much advice and comfort anyone could ever need. Doja has been busy though the lis week because she eventually had to go back to the studio.

I've been picking up quick security jobs here and there for multiple people. Nothing major only jobs that last for a day or so. Mainly red carpet events, meets and greets, that sort of stuff.