Pirate Cowboy

"TEXAS!" Spain exclaimed, running into the hospital room.

"Abuelo!" Texas exclaimed happily.

"What happened?! did someone hurt him?" Spain exclaimed, hugging Texas, who was just vibin.

"He fell while playing in the park," Britain said.

"Look! We match!" Texas exclaimed, pointing at his shut eye that was bruised and scarred. Spain sighed.

"Will his eye ever recover?" Spain asked.

"Well... the bruising will go away soon... but no," Britain said. Spain nodded.

"Where is everyone?" Spain asked.

"Ame and Mex went home... They both have to rest up for work. I decided to stay here with Texas," Britain said. 

"And France?" Spain asked.

"Ame drove her home," Britain said.

"I see...," Spain said.

"I'm tired," Texas said.

"Sleep then, the pain meds probably made you sleepy," Britain said.

"Noooooo abuelo just got hereeee," Texas whined.

"It's ok, I'll still be here when you wake up. It's getting late though, and you need rest," Spain said.

"Okaaay.... Abuelo?" Texas said, snuggling up in his hospital bed.

"Yes águilito?" 

"I like tía Chile's eyepatch... can I have one? You should get one too, we can be pirates together," Texas said, dozing off. Spain smiled.

"What about being a cowboy?" Spain asked.

"Same thing, except ones on a boat... funny hats... guns... accents....," Texas said, before passing out. Spain chuckled and tucked Texas in.

"Well... I'm glad he seems to be doing alright," Spain said. Britain nodded. The two sat in silence for a moment, before Britain cleared his throat.

"Spain? I uh... I wanted to apologize," Britain said.

"Hm? For what?" Spain asked.

"W-well...," Britain said. Spain let out a sigh.

"If you're apologizing over what I think you are... don't. I'm fine," Spain said.

"I just... I still feel bad... you know I care for you," Britain said.

"I know you do, and that's enough for me,"

"I just wish you didn't distance yourself so much...," 

"Britain, you know I'm not doing it to avoid you," Spain said. 

"I know...," Britain said. The two were silent for a moment longer. "... I wish you'd told me sooner," 

"None of this would've happened if I did. We wouldn't have Texas either," Spain said.

"I know... I just wished I showed you the same love you showed me. Our fathers didn't like each other, and both of them hated us. I could always rely on you to be there for me... but when I met France... I feel like I simply ditched you, without ever considering how much I could've hurt you... so, I'm sorry," Britain said.

"It's ok... my father kept me busy courting I suppose... I... I thought I moved on when I met Aztec... but...," Spain said. Britain sighed.

"I love you Spain, I want to make that clear... Um... I don't want this to change anything-,"

"Especially considering our sons are married, and you have a wife," Spain said.

"I just don't want you thinking I hate you. You're still my friend. And I wish that you visited more often, at least for Texas," Britain said. Spain smiled and nodded.

"Of course," Spain said.

i made a new cover btw but u probably already noticed