California

(It's Mother's Day btw

Make sure you say happy Mother's Day to you mother figures

It doesn't have to be your biological mom if you don't want it to be

My boyfriend can be your guy's mom since I'm your dad

He has long hair, he's cool with it)

A few months later, because babies take time to arrange, Canada inexplicably came over for dinner.

"Yaaaay!!! Uh-," Texas exclaimed, however realizing something was different as he ran up to give her a hug. "Why are you fat now?" Texas asked. Canada laughed.

"Texas! Don't ask those kinds of things!" America exclaimed.

"No, no, it's ok! He's learning! I have the baby," Canada said.

"In your tummy?!" Texas exclaimed, before it dawned on him. "YOU ATE MY SISTER?!" Texas cried.

"No! Your sister is... um... growing in me. She'll come out when she's ready... granted, they might be a boy," Canada said.

"Ohhh.... You're the basket...?" Texas asked.

"Yeah, she's the basket," Mexico said.

"Ohhhh! Can I have her now?" Texas asked.

"Not yet, your sibling isn't ready yet," Canada said. Texas frowned, however he understood that his sister needed some time

Soon, Texas realized that Auntie Canada appeared to be moving in for a while, and was using the soon-to-be babies room as her own. Texas decided this was reasonable, figuring that if his sister didn't mind hanging out in her aunties stomach, she wouldn't mind her auntie hanging out in her room.

"So, what do you think about pop culture?" Texas asked Canada's stomach.

".... She can't actually hear you-,"

"SHHHHHHHHHH her is trying to respond," Texas exclaimed.

"Do you even know what pop culture means?" Canada asked.

"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,"

"What's going on in here?" Mexico asked.

"The baby won't talk to me," Texas said. Mexico and Canada laughed, which frustrated Texas.

"Well, we've got a gender reveal cupcake, the candy inside will tell us if it's a boy or girl," Mexico said.

Quick interlude: I don't think gender reveal parties are transphobic at all, as long as the parents accept it if their child ends up being trans or NB or something like that. I think it's perfectly fine for parents to celebrate what brand of baby they are getting, as long as they don't throw a hissy fit if their little girl requests a Dino toy instead of a Barbie, or if their 'son' requests they refer to her as she/her. According to my parents, my gender reveal party was fun, and I don't care that they were celebrating what brand of genitalia I got, I'm glad they were excited for me.

Anyway they cut open the cupcake and...

"Pink m&ms? I didn't know they made those!" Texas exclaimed.

"Texas, you're getting a baby sister!" Canada exclaimed.

"I know! Isn't that exactly what I asked for?" Texas exclaimed. "Oh they taste pink,"

A few weeks later, Texas was laying his head on Canadas stomach, hoping to hear a baby. Suddenly, he felt someone kick him in the ear.

"Hey! She kicked me!!" Texas exclaimed. Canada giggled.

"Yeah, she really is a kicker... Ame? Have you two figured out a name?" Canada asked.

"Well, we're kinda on the fence.... California or Coahuila?" America asked. Canada hummed in thought.

"I think California... well, what does the name mean?" Canada asked.

"It's up to debate, but many think it sprung from the novel Las Sergas de Esplandián. There was a warrior queen Calafia, and she ruled an island called California. The armor in the island of California- an all women island- was pure gold, because it was the only metal they had. And Coahuila means among the trees," Mexico explained.

"WOMAN ISLAND WARRIOR QUEEN OF GOLDEN ARMOR!!!!!!" Texas exclaimed.

"I think we have our winner," Mexico said. (Not that I didn't consider having Coahuila be his sister, I just felt California fit better with the chicana thing)

"Coahuila is a beautiful name as well though," Canada said.

"It's what we were going to name Texas if he ended up being a girl," America said.

"Ohhhh fancy! But I want my sister to be a warrior queen," Texas said.

"California it is then!" America exclaimed.

A while later, Texas was having a play date with his friends (and Tito).

"Bruno!! Can you communicate with California? She won't talk to me, but maybe you can hear her!" Texas exclaimed. Canada let Bruno place a hand on her stomach. After a while of focusing, Bruno nodded.

"She wants us to go get milkshakes," Bruno said.

"Um, I don't think-,"

"My sister wants milkshakes!!! Hurry!!! We need to get them!!!" Texas exclaimed. And so they went and got milkshakes.

"Is she saying anything else?" Holly asked.

"She's saying she wants Texas to give me his new Lego set because he's got plenty of his own," Bruno said.

"CALI!!!" Texas exclaimed. Canada rolled her eyes.

"Ok, ok, California was just joking, right Bruno?" Canada said. Bruno sighed.

"Yeahhhh fine....," Bruno said.

Soon, abuelo Spain came over.

This made Texas big happy.

"ABUELOOOOOO I GOT A SISTER!!! She's not ready yet though," Texas exclaimed.

"Oh, that's great! I just came by to hang out for a while, and of course to see how my favorite in-law is doing... would Canada be a daughter-in-law to me?" Spain asked.

"Yeah, I think that's how that works out," Mexico said.

"How long are you staying?" Texas asked.

"For as long as I have to! Gran Tío Portugal is looking over the farm while I'm here," Spain said. (I'm not saying Portugal is Spains brother because that's too much history for me to think about this morning. Portugal for now is like, the brother from another mother)

"Yay!!! I have my favorite aunt and favorite abuelo here!" Texas exclaimed.

"Aw, that'd break Britains heart if he heard that," Spain said.

"He's not my abuelo, he's my grampa!" Texas exclaimed.

Ok to be continued lol