#21 Bad Suspense

Death was at my doorstep. I didn't understand. I didn't do anything to warrant my own death.

Did I?

This was useless. I looked back at the lone apartment, the echoes of a broken heart, depression, and lack of companionship glared right back. Maybe I did warrant my own death. I wasn't needed anymore anyways.

Looking back at Death, the darkness of his cloud hung tantalizing before me. Just one moment. Just one slash of his scythe, and I'd be dead. I almost grinned, but then it hit me. I hadn't lived the way I wanted, before I died. Suddenly nervous, I stare at Death waiting for his verdict.

This was my fate. I was to die a simple, useless death.

Then he spoke: "Have you seen my daemon? The little devil has been running around causing havoc to worry and people have been screaming for terrify to play, but she misses daemon. So, have you seen him? He's yay-big, has a nasty glare, but loves to cuddle with the living. He's surprisingly adverse to my job, so have you seen him?!"

I blinked as I suddenly took note of the nervous, pleading, Death Angel in front of me, gesturing at the height of his daemon cat. The frightening picture was nothing to go by.

"Uh, no. Sorry."

"Oh okay. Thanks for not fainting. You won't die for another ten years. Bye!"

He disappeared. In a cloud of smoke. I need to lay down now.