#28 Genre-Blending: Fantasy & Sports Inspiration

The roar of the crowd riled the adrenaline pumping through their veins, sweat making them glow under the xenon lights on the field.

Up in the Screen Booth, two of best loved Sports Enthusiasts and Announcers bring back the viewers from break. “Welcome back to Skyfall Stadium! Where our guests seem to be falling behind our home stars! If they make a comeback I don’t know how Valeera will take the bite.”

“They need this game to make it to the quarter finals, Vega! They are so close to winning, to get their city back on the map.”

“Whatever do you mean Sirius, they are near the quarter finals! Their city is being recognized by millions of viewers and fans this season.”

“Well, Vega, according to my sources, Valeera City just got a new mayor who plans to split off a portion of the city to contract development in the big leagues with Suraine. That portion of the city is their recreation corner foundation. Some of our biggest legends came from that corner of Valeera.”

“I guess I can understand their motivation to press on in this season. It’s been rough, two Valeera Stars got called off with injuries in the very beginning, but thanks to our medical team here. They were about to get back on the field. Wave to the world!” Vega called out as cameras shifted to the medic staff of the stadium, the main doctor’s wide smile gleamed in the xenon light, the light illuminating her near translucent complexion, giving her the illusion of being made of silver. Her nurses were an array of luminescence. Their joy, of being recognized on the Screen, was physically shown by a few nurses being showered in clouds twinkling dust.

Sirius laughed, “Our Faelynian friends love the spotlight, don’t they Vega?”

“They do, as they should! We love our staff here tonight, be sure to show them your appreciation! Now back to the game, as Valeera Stars walk back on the field. Our guests, Jacquin Flyers are already set to go. You can tell they are determined to get back into the game. Especially their main defenders, Gemi, Alpha-ena, and Oro, Alpha-tria.”

"The game is already heating up, stay tuned for the half-time show!" Sirius flashed his sparkling grin, fangs glinting across Screen and holograms.