#27 Opening Mysterious Lines

They were in one of the “I” states when Zeke told Isaac he had to ride in the trunk for a little while. -- Inspired by: By a Spider's Thread by Laura Lippman

Isaac tumbled over the console and into the backseat, struggling to find the switch to drop the backseat while Zeke zoomed ten over through the gorge. Red and blue blinds the mirrors, reflecting shadows of other vehicles. Isaac frantically searched for the hatch thing to drop the seat while holding on for his life. Finding it, he yanked it as Zeke avoided another truck. He clambered his way into the dark, enclosed space crowded with bulky baggage. Isaac pulled the seat back up, locking him in. As the seat locked in place, Isaac was thrust to the side of the trunk at the rough momentum of Zeke's terrible get away driving.

He groaned at the throbbing headache that was beginning to form when he was tossed roughly across the bulky duffle and large guns, face planting into the corner filled with ammo containers. The hard plastic didn't help with his headache. Grabbing the gun, he felt for the weight of the ammo locked in. The gun was too light. Sighing he blindly jammed the ammo canister into place where the gun would take in the paint. After wild tossing around and losing his balance, Isaac finally got on his knees and pressed his back up against the trunk roof to ground him something to hold onto in the darkness.

With the satisfied click of the ammo connecting to the gun, Isaac felt out for the weak spot in the rear headlight of the old car before punching it out. At another tight swerve of Zeke's driving Isaac lost his footing, swearing as his knee met with hard metal and his body following gravity to slump over the duffle. He glared at the rear of the car, listing every reason why Zeke owes him. At his vantage point, it was a perfect shot to point the gun at the flashing lights gaining. Locking his aim in place, Isaac was very satisfied with the sounds of splatters and screeching tires.