#29 Break One Rule? I broke the Fantasy System

Thump. Thump. The particles of streaming light glistens over valleys, streams, cobblestone streets, cottages, farms, and everything in between.

Thu-thump. Thu-thump. The glittering light refracts and shines against the shadows and the silence. The glaring pinnacle of Aridian cast the cloak of cold to the South.

Thuh-da. Thuh-da. Thuh-da. The pinnacle twists, a shadow slithers over every crack that the light touches, those out hurried home before the light crossed over. The cold washed over the warmed earth, inhabitants leaving for their day.

CRASH. The glass of the pinnacle fell like stars, a cloud of shards mystifying the cold of the South-East.

Thump. Thump. The pinnacle builds back up, taller, stronger, brighter.

Thu-thump. Thu-thump.

Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Thump-thump. Thump-whoosh, a sharp inhale shot momentum into her system. Thunk. Groaning, she hugged the blanket closer to her body as she made comfort on the stone floor. Eyes wide, she stared at an unfortunate house rat perspective of her room. She felt the beating of the floor match that of her chest, before she realized the beating inside her chest didn’t exist. Not anymore. Magic is extinct, and those that lived on it have a void. We can’t die naturally like our forebears could. We are subjected to the Fall and no one knows if we can claim our birthright back. Until that myth turns into reality, we have to live in the only surviving way we can. Follow the pinnacle.