Chapter Three

Thanks for all the comments and votes!

I got inspired!

Comment/Vote please!

Thanks!

-Makayla Rayne

__________________

Chapter Three

In the dream, there was a forest. What was it with my dreams and forests?

Anyway, all the trees were the same. They were those really tall evergreens. I didn't know their name. I just knew they were everywhere and it was unnerving.

I was in a circle that the trees had made, in a sort of clearing. A super cold gust of wind whipped through the trees, blowing my hair back from my face.

I shivered, putting my hands to my arms. Then I noticed what I was wearing. It was a black dress, silky-looking and sleevless. It had an A-line cut at the waist and flowed out in layers of gauze. It brushed the ground but I knew I was barefoot.

"Ivy," came that infernal voice. "Ivy..."

I spun around. "What?" I yelled into the trees. "Who's there? Show yourself!"

"You can see..."  I heard. It was a thin whisper. I felt like it was an unfinished sentence like maybe they'd run out of energy.

"Are you a ghost?" I asked the trees.

"We are...nothing..."

"Nothing? Even if you're a spirit you're still something."

"We are...nothing...but...dust..."

"So you are a spirit,"  I muttered. "You can show yourself. I won't hurt you, I promise."

"Show ourselves."

"Yes."

Silence.

Then with another cold gust of wind, more violent than the last, there was darkness all around me. Like shadows. Shadows with glowing red eyes.

"We have...shown...."

"Yourselves," I finished, my voice shaking. "Who are you all?"

"Dust..."

"Yeah, you said that. But surely you all had names?"

Then I was crippled on the ground with my hands covering my ears. There was screaming. Screaming everywhere that chilled your very bones.

Screams of agony, fright, thrill. The shadows closed in on me.

I was cold, so cold...

"Ivy!" this voice wasn't thin but more solid and real. "Ivy for heaven's sake wake up!"

Then I was in my room. There was a high-pitched annoying sound. Oh, I realized. I was screaming. I shut my mouth.

Michael was leaning over me with a frown on his face. "Ivy are you alright?"

I blinked. "Wha...?"

"Ivy you were screaming."

"Screaming? Why?"

He sighed and stepped back. "You tell me. Was it a dream?"

A dream? I tried to recall what I'd been dreaming about. All I could remember was trees, tall trees everywhere. "I don't know."

"What did you dream of?"

"I don't know."

"Your mom's coming."