Chapter Eight

Here is chapter eight! =P

Comment/Vote! Thanks!

-Makayla Rayne

_______________________

Chapter Eight

"This..." I said, sputtering, "this is your house?" I looked up at the huge white house. No, it wasn't a house--it was a mansion. A freaking huge mansion.

There were four floors up top and I guessed there was most likely a basement. The porch was homey, quaint, the door painted red. There were even flowers on the ground in front of the porch.

"Our house for now," said Jamis boredly.

"For now?" I repeated.

"Yes," said Andreiovich. "Sometimes our line of work requires us to move around."

"Ah."

"Well come on Ivy," said Axel, grabbing my arm and pulling me after him. "Time to introduce you to the entire team!"

I let him drag me behind him in a daze. The entrance in the house was large, a hallway in front of you, another to the left, and a spiral staircase to the right.

"Hungry?" Andreiovich asked. "Nevermind. I know the answer. Be nice to our lady guest, show her around. And all of you, be gentlemen. When's the last time we had a female in this house? I will be back shortly with food."

"Well then," said Jamis. "Ivy, you met Axel and Kill....Hm. Left to right then? Dmitri--he's Andy's nephew--Ezori, Gentry, then the twins Zane and Levi."

I shyly nodded to them. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder. I jumped as I looked over to see Michael. "God," I breathed.

Kill raised his eyebrows. "Who's your friend?"

I blinked at him. "You can see him?"

He smirked. "Indeed I'm the only one of our little Hunter house that can see the spirits. So, who's he?"

"Oh, sorry. This is Michael. Michael, that's Kill."

"Kill?" Michael repeated with a scoff. "Nice buddy."

Kill glowered.

The other guys were looking in between Kill and me, confused.

"That," said Jamis, "would be her ghosty friend Michael. Am I correct?"

I nodded. "Sorry, he surprised me."

"Food!" I heard from the left hallway.

The boys all turned and practically ran to the kitchen. I followed, unsure.

The kitchen was large, wtih a long table taking up half the room. Every boy was sat at the table, going at the chips, sandwiches and other snacks so fast it was a wonder one of them didn't choke.

Andreiovich leaned against the counter, watching the eating frenzy with a look of amusement. He had a pink-white apron on that said Your opinion wasn't in the recipe.

I smirked. "It's like watching a pack of sharks go at a school of fish."

"Worse. You haven't seen them when I make steak. No comparison. What are you waiting for Ivy? Go eat."

I looked at the flurry of movement. "Um..."

"They won't bite...I think."

"Real assuring there Andreiovich. Thanks."

"Any time. How about this?" He put his fingers in his mouth and whistled--the high-pitched loud kind. The boys looked up in annoyance. "Someone hand Ivy a sandwich."