Chapter Nine

Well. I'd originally had Gentry and Jamis as love interests...I think I'm going to change it now. You'll see. =P

Also, I kind of forgot what class Ivy sat next to Jamis in. I don't think I mentioned it. Maybe it was a science class...oh well, I'll just call it chemistry.

Comment/Vote! Thanks!

-Makayla Rayne

_______________________

Chapter Nine

Jamis talked to me a lot in the following days. Michael glared at him every day.

"What's your problem Michael?"

"I don't have a problem," he said, obviously sulking.

"You were glaring a hole through Jamis."

He worked his jaw for a second. "Do you like him?"

"Who?"

"Who do you think? Jamis."

"Oh, him." I blushed.

"That's what I thought!" he outbursted. "He's replaced my place in your heart. I can feel it."

"Okay, one, I don't like him like that. I mean he's attractive, yeah, but I hardly know him. And two, if you had any place in my heart Michael, it would be that of a friend. And I have plenty of room in my heart for the both of you. Don't be jealous."

"I'm not jealous," he grumbled.

"Good because I'm going to his house later."

"Why?"

"Because he said Andreiovich wanted to talk to me about something."

"Which one's Andreiovich again?"

"Their caretaker."

"Ah. Can I come?"

"If I said no, would it stop you Michael?"

He pretended to think for a moment. "No."

"Exactly."

"I don't like that Kill guy. He gives me the creeps."

"You're one to talk ghosty boy."

He smirked. "I don't mean it like that. I'm used to you seeing me and the occasional little kid. But when he looks at me, it's like he's reading my soul."

"You are a soul."

"That's not what I mean."

"If this is like what you said with Jamis, then it's probably because they're Hidden Hunters." A hand was thrown over my mouth as I was pulled behind a wall, sitting against someone. I gripped the hand, mumbling against it.

"Shh, it's me," Jamis whispered. "Be quiet for God's sake!"

I shut up and he removed his hand. "Okay first, you can't just say 'Hidden Hunters' in a public place in the same sentence as my name all willy-nilly. Second, there's something in the school."

"What's in the school?"

He gave me a look of high amusement. "A not-to-terrifying beast that likes to nag."

"What?"

The intercom came on. "Jamis Brack, Ivy Blake, please come to the office you're being picked up. Jamis Brack, Ivy Blake."

I looked at him slowly. "It's Andreiovich, isn't it?"

"In the flesh!" came a spirited voice.

We looked up in surprise at Andreiovich, smiling at us.