Chapter Five

Chapter Five ppzles!!! Yeayaa!!

So..anybody else annoyed with the song "Friday" by Rebecca Black yet? Cuz I am...

And to make it worse today happens to be FRIDAY. So in science when we were in the computer lab the class clown of my grade decided to blare "Friday" and everyone yelled at him. Good times...

Yep, that's my story.

Comment/Vote!

Thanks!

-Makayla Rayne

___________________

Chapter Five

I shifted my weight nervously. Jamis wasn't in class yet and I was still trying to figure out what to say.

"Oh, hey Jamis. 'Sup? Nothin' going on with me...except, ya know, seeing dead people. No big deal."

Yeah, because that would go over well...

Michael was looking at me, one eyebrow cocked, an amused smile on his lips. "Calm down."

"Shut up," I hissed under my breath. "Have you ever had to tell anyone you're dead? No."

"Actually--"

"I asked you, you did not tell me right out when we met. And Jamis doesn't count."

People looked at me funny as they filed in. I knew that look.

Tree Talker Girl hasn't gained her sanity yet.

I saw Jamis walk in and quickly sat in my seat, tapping my fingernails against the desk. It started annoying me; I couldn't stand to have my nails long. I'd need to pick up some more nail polish after school too...I was almost out--

I clamped down on my thoughts, trying to sound less random. What would I tell Jamis though, seriously?

Jamis slowly sat down, looking at me cautiously. "Uh...everything alright Ivy?"

"Fine, fine," I replied, a little too quickly. "I, er, had too many cups of...coffee."  Where had my witty mind gone, the sarcasm?

"O-kay..."

I sighed impatiently. "Jamis could I talk to you?"

"Well yeah, but we're kind of in class. Wouldn't want the teacher pissed at us for talking now would we?"

"Talk to him at lunch," Michael suggested from beside me.

"Then how about lunch?"

Jamis blinked; I'd surprised him. Rightfully so. Little loner freak Ivy wanting to talk to big bad Jamis. I recoiled, ready for rejection.

But there was no rejection.

"Sure, I guess."

I gave him a dubious look. "You're serious?"

"Did I stutter?"

Setting my jaw, I shifted my gaze to the board. Twice I opened my mouth, ready for a snappy retort, but I could think of none that he couldn't comeback with. Like if I said, "Sarcasm is for those without true wit," he'd probably say "Wow, coming from Queen Sarcasm herself!"

So that plan was a no-go...

I tried to ignore Jamis's constant looks at me from the corner of my eye, but I couldn't concentrate on whatever we were learning about.

***

At lunch I sat nervously at a table, rapping my hands against the table. I laid it flat; I really needed to stop that...and cut my nails.