The List

"Do you have trouble understanding what 'no' means?"

"When it comes from you? Absolutely."

Soo-hyun dropped his face on his hands, attempting to ignore the boy sitting behind him, while Jun was still actively trying to get something other than a 'no' from said boy. He clearly hadn't been very successful so far.

"How ab-" Jun's sentence was interrupted (rude).

"Shut your mouth and focus on the lesson," There was a second of silence. "Please."

Disrespectful much. Jun sighed and gave up on his impossible mission. He'll just have to let Soo-hyun figure it out on his own. Once he can't find a desent appartment he'll come crawling back to Jun, surely.

Later that day during lunch, when Jun walked past the cafeteria, he saw Soo-hyun there. Not eating but serving the food to others instead. Was he really that broke? Enough to try and get a job from school? That guy really had a thing for doing things the hard way, he could already be happily staying at Jun's house without having to worry about money.
Now that he thought about it, Jun's not so sure if his money would be enough for two people in a long run. Maybe he should also apply for a job? Just in case Soo-hyun decided to move in and he needed to buy actual food.

.

Jun had a lot of homework, way too much to be concidered healthy in his opinion, so he stayed at the school library to finish it. When he was gathering his books it was somewhere around 7.30 pm and the hallways were getting dark.

Walking accross the empty school is kind of thrilling in a way. Jun got to the cafeteria and was about to head for the doors but he noticed light coming from the room at the very back of the hall.
Now he was not really into all that criminal shit, but is this when he gets murdered in a dark school hall and someone finds his body in the morning?

Despite his crazy ideas, Jun just had to go and check. As quietly as he can, the blond boy crossed the hall and got to the slightly opened door.

Jun had no idea what he was expecting (a mass murderer waiting for him maybe) but it was not this.
Behind the door there was a small room, Jun knew it was meant for staff if they ever needed to stay at the school for the night. What surprised him was that on the floor there was a mattress and Soo-hyun sitting on it. When he said he needs an appartment, Jun didn't think it was this serious. Had he been sleeping here?

Soo-hyun hadn't noticed Jun and was scribbling numbers on a notebook, quite clearly counting how he spends money.
Jun wondered if he should just quietly leave or let the older know that he was here. He chose the former and quietly walked back to where he came from. Pushing the doors open Jun took a deep breath. What was he supposed to do now, Soo-hyun couldn't stay there forever and probably got that room thanks to the new job as the food server. He really had to find a way to convince the other to move in to his house.

.

Waking up the next morning Jun felt more determined than ever before. Jumping up and rushing through his morning routine, he grabbed a piece of paper from the kitchen table and took off to school. He was in a damn good mood today.

"NAM SOO-HYUN!"

Jun sprinted through the beautifully blossoming campus park when he sad the brunette sitting under a large tree.

"Keep your voice down, people are looking," How lame of him, trying to ruin Jun's mood.

"I made a list!"

"Of what? How we're going to finish our presentation on time?" Soo-hyun commented boredly.

Oh shit yeah the project still existed. That was a problem for later.

"No, it's a list of house rules," Jun smiled brightly.

Looking extremely confused Soo-hyun raised an eyebrow, silently telling Jun to elaborate.

"I made a list of things, or rules, that will help us live together without unaliving each other!" Jun swung the paper around in the air in front of the other boys face.

"Can't you just give up already..." Nonetheless Soo-hyun grabbed the list and started reading.

1. We both pay rent (me a bit more since it's my house :))
2. Both participate in buying foor and new stuff
3. People can only come over if the other was informed of it, so no surprise guests
4. There's enough room so we don't have to be on each others way, you can have the whole living room! (This is just me convincing you to agree, not a rule)
5. If I'm capable of cleaning, then so are you
6. So in conclusion, we would both be paying, you wouldn't be getting anything from me for free! (I know you hate it)

Glancing up at Jun, Soo-hyun sighed while brushing some hair from his eyes.
Jun didn't want to be too hopeful but he hasn't said no yet!

"I still don't exactly want to live with you...but we'll see later if I still need a room, okay?" Soo-hyun said with a defeated expression before continuing, "Why are you so keen on getting a roommate anyways, especially me, you know my nickname around here right?"

"Yeah yeah the UP thing, I don't believe that," Jun was still smiling, happy to not be rejected again. "And I just get lonely at the appartment sometimes, it's way too big for one person."

"Like I said, I'll consider. Now move away you're blocking the sun," Soo-hyun let the resting bitch face fall back on and turned his face away from Jun.

Jun knew he looked ridiculous but he couldn't help skipping a little while happily walking to the school building. Soo-hyun had basically said yes already! This went way better than expected.

He came to a sudden stop on the large staircase leading to the school doors. Jun's face fell as he looked up and saw that in front of the big white doors, there stood the principal talking to someone. That someone being no other than his brother. Fuck he forgot about this already.

Slowly dragging his feet up the last half of the stairs, Jun looked at his feet and wished to not be seen. He made the mistake of looking up and caught Jun-wan's eye. The latter didn't take a second glance at Jun and continued his talk with the principal.

Right, he probably wouldn't want people knowing I'm his brother.

The good mood was certainly gone now and all Jun could think about was how he was going to make it through this semester.