Happily Ever After

A loud ringing pierced the lovely silence of the morning in Jun's room. The said boy groaned and rolled to his other side in order to reach the vibrating phone. Not bothering to check the name on the screen, Jun picked up.

"Hello?" He mumbled, trying to rub away the tiredness from his eyes.

"Hello Jun," Greeted a voice that Jun recognized all too well. Why would mother call him?

"Oh, good morning mother," He cleared his throat and felt himself get tense all over.

"I would like to meet up later today, if that's okay. You can choose the place," Jun's mom went straight to the point, as always.

"Umm is there a reason for this?" Jun asked hesitantly. When his mother didn't reply for a while, Jun continued. "But uh I think the restaurant next to my school should be fine, right?"

"Yes that sounds good. See you there at three o'clock," After this the line beeped once and Jun was left holding the phone to his ear.

He slowly lowered his arm and checked the time. Four hours until he had to leave. It was already quite late for sleeping so Jun sighed and shuffled out of the comfortable bed, heading for the fridge.

What could she want now? What if she tries to get me to back off from the case? Meetings with mom never go well, she didn't sound very mad, though. But then I should probably do something to my hair, she doesn't like it.

Jun debated on the hair problem for a moment but decided against changing anything. It was a public space so he should be all fine.
Walking to the kitchen, Jun spotted Soo-hyun by the table. The older looked up when he heard Jun arrive.

"Who did you call? I heard you talking," Soo-hyun asked while munching on his overly large bowl of cereal.

"Mother called me, she wants to meet up later."

Soo-hyun nodded and looked a little apologetic.

"Also, can't you eat with your mouth closed? And maybe eat some real food intead of that," Jun sent a nasty look to Soo-hyun's direction and moved to the counter.

"Nope," The brunette said with a sarcasm filled smile. Jun shook his head.

.

The morning went by way too slowly for Jun's liking. He kept nervously bouncing his knee and every minute felt like hours. Jun was close to having a total meltdown due to the nervousness when Soo-hyun, whom he hadn't seen since morning, bursted in through the door. Along were his friends.
They came in carrying various dishes of food and, without a second glance to Jun, started piling it all up on the kitchen table.

"Uh, hi?"

"Hello Jun! We brought you luch," So-bin broke the silent arrival while showing off a container of fried chicken on her arms.

"I can see that thanks, but why exactly?" Jun asked and walked to the kitchen.

"Soo-hyun said you needed it," Chan-ki answered with a wide grin. Soo-hyun already glaring at him.

Jun smiled a little and sent a grateful look to Soo-hyun who nodded back. This was exactly why Jun found it hard not to fall for the other. He may have failed that already, though.

Yeong-ran ran a hand through her dark, long hair and looked at the overflowing table.
"You think this will be enough to get you out of your head, kid?"

"We're almost the same age, you bastard! And I'm fine anyways, this wasn't necessary," Jun replied with a pout.

"No, you were so stressed that I couldn't stand to be in the same room with you. Now eat," Soo-hyun joined the conversation for the first time since coming home.