HC Drabbles day 1

It's a new writing challenge to get me back on track! Since this is the first day, I'll explain what I'll do here.

First, I will generate 10 words in a generator. I then pick a word I like from those 10 generated words. THEN I use a spinner to pick a hermit to write about. Then over on Wattpad, I write a drabble about that word I pick, with the hermit the spinner chose.

Simple.

Also, I might randomly make a crossover, but it's mostly about HC.

ANYWAY-

Today's word: Scarecrow

Hermit name: Pearl :D (AND GRIAN-)

Let's see how it goes-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was six when my parents decided to move. It was closer to my school, and the neighborhood looked way lovelier than the dark and gloomy alleyway. 

From that day, I lived next to the small farmland of our neighbor. It looked beautiful with its golden wheat covering it in late autumn. But I never wanted to get close to the scarecrow. The neighbor's mischievous child used to say that Tamarine the Scarecrow was lovely, but I didn't trust him.

To be frank, no one trusts the mischievous prankster of the village anyways.

One night in my bedroom, I heard a scratching noise from outside when I was asleep. It was partially drowned by the beating rain, but I was sure it was real. At first, I thought it was Grian, pranking me. But I doubted that since Grian wouldn't be allowed up at 11 pm. He made real sure that he would never be up at 9 pm, let alone 11 pm. More scratching noises came, along with thunder. 

And then something moved. 

The scarecrow left its post and started creeping towards me and my house. 

Thunder crashed again, light reflecting on the scarecrow's face. 

I wanted to move back. Run from this cursed scarecrow. But I couldn't. It felt like something was pulling me towards it like a magnet.

I closed my eye in fear, hoping it would go away. But when I opened my eyes again, the scarecrow was right in front of me, looking with its button eye-

I burst awake to see Grian's face in front of me, instead of the scarecrow's. I realized I was breathing heavily, and tried to calm myself down.

"H-hi?" I said, still not aware of what was reality and what was my dream. Tamarine the scarecrow seemed lifeless still, and it wasn't raining, and it wasn't night yet. "What happened...?"

"Hi-Pearl-You-fell-asleep-while-we-were-playing-hide-and-seek-So-I moved-you-here-to-see-how-you'd-react!" Grian said, half sqealing, and half shouting. "And I made you lemonade!" 

"Um- Thanks-" I didn't know how to react. I didn't know he could be this generous to a person who just moved a few days ago. Grian started sipping on his lemonade as fast as light, only to almost choke on it.

"I- Forgot to put sugar in mine-"

I started laughing, making my neighbor laugh as well. Then we started talking for a good few hours, laughing more as we did so.

The sun started setting over on the horizon, and Grian ran back to his house. I did the same as well. I never told about my dream to anyone, and it was probably for the good that I forgot about the curse of Tamarine the scarecrow.

~~~~~~~

Word count: 500~

Good. Done. Bye.

Phantasma

\o>