𝟬𝟬𝟴. love and gore

____________________________________

They walked down the same trail Steve and Dustin had walked to get there.
The three kids walked behind Keira and Steve. She kicked small rocks as they walked, Steve had his hands shoved in his pockets stealing small glances at each other when the other wasn't looking, but they always knew.

"You never told me why you were here?" Keira re-asked. She wanted to talk to him but that was the only thing that came out.

"It was just, I was there as the same time as Dustin and he just pulled me into this." Keira chuckled, that did sound like Dustin. "You?" He tilted his head a little to her, his hair tossed over one of his eyes. He was beautiful, she thought.

"Same. I almost ran Lucas over." Keira shrugged, Steve huffed rising his brow at her in disbelief. "What?"

"Yeah." She nodded, smiling in union, running her hand through her hair. The hair he adored.

"I never uh— i didn't thank you for what happened back there." Steve spoke, choking up a bit.

"It was nothing," She shrugged.

"You saved my life." Steve looked at her, she sucked in her lips at his deep stare on her. She looked back down when she couldn't bare his look anymore. Silence embracing them.

"You know I care about you too Steve." She blurted out, kicking a pebble from her path. "Before— everything that I said—"

"You don't have to, I get it."

"No, I do.— You're too sweet sometimes you know?" Keira looked up at him which he just frowned his brows at, he was always referred to an asshole by her, this was new.
"I guess I just made up my mind about you and was scared when I realized—" She stopped herself before she said something stupid. Like how she truly felt.

"When you realized what?" He asked curiously, he had a feeling of where it was going but he wanted to hear her say it, hear the words come out of her mouth.

"You're not so bad, Harrington." She ignored his question. Her lip curled up, showing a genuine smile that Steve didn't think she had ever shared with him.
He returned back a smile. "And about what happen this morning, I get you wanting to help and I'm sorry about how harsh everything came out I just— didn't know how to take it in— take everything in."

"I mean we slept together and then there's Nancy and Jonathan." Keira continued.

"Yeah, I understand," Steve turned back to looking down at the trail they walked, "I know this is new and weird but I wouldn't have continued with it if I didn't actually mean it." Steve admitted.

Keira nibbled on her lip anxiously, thinking of what he had just said. She didn't want to keep putting on this face trying to push him away, she didn't even want him gone she was just confused. With the past dreams, Jonathan and Nancy— nothing was allowing her to think straight.

"I know I meant it, which is why I kept trying to push you away. We're living in this nightmare, do you really think this is needed?" She said, even though it sounded stupid he understood what she was trying to say.

"I think.." He started.

"Hey!" Dustin's shouted, cutting Steve off.