𝟬𝟬𝟳. babysitters

____________________________________

"What do you mean?" Steve asked the the younger boy as they walked the trail of the train tracks, throwing raw pieces of cow as bait for Dart.
"How do you do it?" Dustin spoke, "Get the girls, you know?"

"Well not with an international slug, that's for sure." Steve snorted, chuckling at what Dustin had previously told him.

"Ha Ha." He rolled his eyes at him.

"But seriously, the key with girls is just acting like you don't care." Steve shrugged.

"Really?" He looked up at him.

"Mhm," Steve threw more bait down. "And then you feel it, this spark."

"Spark? Like an electricity spark when two magnetic fields-"

"No no, like a a sexual spark man." Steve cut him off. "You feel that, then you make your move." Dustin nodded his head taking in the knowledge of the Hawkins heartthrob.

"So then that's when you kiss her?"

"Woah, woah you don't want to scare her off now." He rose his brows, "I mean some girls like that but others like it slow, so you got to know before you mess it up."

"What type is Nancy?"

"Nancy? l don't think i ever figured that one out."

"Is that why you were looking for Keira?"

Steve stared down at the trails, this kid knew a lot, he thought. They had found each other at the Sinclair's house. Dustin was looking for Lucas and Steve for Keira, he supposed

"I mean you were at Lucas', why else would you be there? Not for Lucas I'm sure." Dustin said.

"Yeah, I guess I just realized the person who I believed was for me, wasn't."

"And Keira is?"

Steve's tongue swiped his lips as he looked for the right words, another piece of cow falling to the ground, "Keira, um, she's different."

"Yeah shes pretty special." Dustin had had a huge crush on Keira when they were younger but Lucas told him he'd destroy all his action figures if he talked about his sister again. Keira was beautiful there was no denying anyone could fall for her.

"She is." Steve thought of Keira, she truly was different and he didn't have to act completely different when he was with her. He loved Nancy, he thought. He always had but there was no point to keep trying when the other person wasn't.

Dustin continued to tell Steve about the girl he liked, he told him to be careful and not catch himself falling in love, you're too young for that, Steve told him.

Once they reached the graveyard Steve took off his sunglasses, glancing over the yard he nodded in satisfaction.

"Yup. This is good." Said Steve. Dustin smiled proudly. "Now help me clean this up."

Dustin followed behind Steve as they started to clean around the area, they started creating a big open space in front of the old school bus— throwing the last of the cow right in the middle.