Chapter Six - Enter Wicked

Lilith and Alador stood by the front door of Blight Manor, waiting for the arrival of Hunter, Kikimora and supposedly Raine as a new recruit for the team. For the past ten minutes, no words or conversations were spoken by each other. Just pure silence was the only thing between them while they stood on the porch of the house.

After another two minutes of waiting, they finally spotted the three of them hovering over to the manor on Hunter's staff. The three landed on the driveway.

"This is the team?" Raine raised their eyebrow, seeing their childhood Hexside schoolmates as a part of Hunter's group.

"It's not much, but it's what we've got." Hunter said.

"There's only five of us." They complained.

"Were you expecting an entire private army? There's a reason why it's called a covert op, Whispers." Lilith spoke up as the five of them head inside the manor and down into the basement. Luckily, the rest of the Blight family had their own plans outside long enough for the group to brief their upcoming mission.

After setting up a whiteboard to lay out their plans, the rest of the group sat down one by one while Hunter was left standing to explain his plan.

"I might've explained a bit to every one of you all, but I'll explain the details here." Hunter said, pulling his staff out as a makeshift pointer. Lilith prepared a notepad to take notes of important points he'll say, while the others only sat silently and paid attention.

"This is an uncharted island two miles Northwest of the Boiling Isles. We don't actually know what's there except for our mind beetle signal being emitted from the said island." He pointed at a photograph of the island from.

"So are we expecting some sort of evil lair?" Raine joked.

"Evil lair?" Hunter became confused by their joke.

"Hey, whoever took control of more than one coven leader and somehow haven't been caught, AND they have an army, of course they have a lair." Raine said, Hunter only rolled his eyes on their comment.

"Anyway, I already told the emperor about the coordinates and he planned to deploy the coven army there to check out what's what. The problem is, he didn't want me to lead them because he said I was too reckless to command the said army, after all the incidents that happened lately. So, he told me to leave the case for a day or two... That didn't stop me though." He explained further.

"So now, here we are. I've read your files, and I'm recruiting all of you to this strike team because each and every one of you has a particularly unique set of skills and magic abilities. You all know the deals I've made with each one of you, so if you fail, the deal will go badly. And I'm pretty sure you don't want it to go wrong." Hunter said.

"Maybe even a bonus reward personally from the Emperor's Coven." He added before all of them looked at each other.

"So I presume our first move is to infiltrate this island?" Alador asked.

"Yes. But we can't just tag along with the army's transport considering I'm not supposed to be there. So, as an alternate route, we follow the transport silently to the island and land at the south side of the island while the scouts arrive on the east side. They're bigger in numbers but there's only five of us so we're a lot more undetected and hidden than them. Then, we head inside the trees to follow that signal and find whatever's there." Hunter explained.

"When do we depart to this said uncharted territory?" Lilith held up her pen in question.

"Tomorrow night. Make sure to bring rations or other supplies you need for this mission." He said, Lilith wrote that down on her notepad while Alador looked at her scrambled notes full of info.