✧ chapter twenty two

22.
you give me time to be what i can be, you're never ahead, never behind me, so i stay here till waking hours, tell me how do you make everything feel a little easier ❜ — all night, men i trust

❛ you give me time to be what i can be, you're never ahead, never behind me, so i stay here till waking hours, tell me how do you make everything feel a little easier ❜ — all night, men i trust

ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE DAY YOU had the courage to have lunch with Ibara happened to be the day your mother went to drop off the extra cake slices from Vinny's birthday party. By now, your schedule is no mystery to your parents. It's nothing strange or controlling, it's merely for days like these, and in case of any non-alarming situation, they wouldn't want to pull you out of an important meeting.

"This is..delicious!" Subaru's blushing of bliss for each bite he takes of the swirly marble cake. The sunlit canteen is slowly crowding, amity consumes the air, and the cuisine takes over with pride. "I'm glad you're all liking it." You look to your right, where Anzu and Ibara sat enjoying their portion.

"Your mom's really nice. She should have joined us since she came all this way to drop off the cake." Anzu smiles, poking her fork into the bread of the cake.

"I was just thinking the same thing." Ibara gasps, "I'd say it was rude of us to let your mother go like that."

"What..but she said she was on her way to see my dad." You sweat drop, "huh? Akehoshi, what's wrong?" You notice Subaru had gone quiet and only stared at his mostly eaten marble cake.

"I think I would like some water, ya know?" He perks up, "Yeah, some water!"

"Heh, okay. I'll get a bottle for you." You put your plate down and stand up, receiving a bright, grateful grin from Subaru. "Does anyone else want?"

"I have my own. Thank you." Anzu points at her bag hanging on the green chair. Ibara shakes his head after, "So do I."

All in all, the atmosphere has no difficulties (for now) and it's a rare indulgence for these idols and producers. You want to keep it that way for as long as possible. You had always felt like something big was coming, but you also get weary thinking all melodramatic like that. Although, the weariness certain idols give you is far more tolerable.

"Oh my, is that you F/n-chan?"

You take the bottle of water from the person behind the counter, thanking them, before turning around to meet Hiyori's wide smile and glittery, violet irises from the brilliancy of the canteen. "Tomoe, so good to see you. How are you?" You chuckle, "it's been a while."

"I've been spectacular as always," Hiyori gestures at himself, "Did you miss me?"

"Uh.." Before you can answer that, and you've fallen in luck at the second,  the saccharine scent of chocolate and vanilla satiated Hiyori's nostrils. He scrunches his nose slightly, though, feigning disturbance. "Are you having a sweets sale? My goodness, the aroma is intense." He exaggerates, because the smell was not that strong. In fact, it's his craving slowly taking  over.