Part VI

TW//GORE//SH//Torture
|Jinx|

Everything hurt. Her leg was numb, though it hurt like hell for the first few hours. The wardens had restrained her in a jacket and beat the shit out of her. Not even the shimmer in her blood could keep up. The devil of a woman, Caitlyn, probably had those guys beat her up even though she was already bleeding all over and restrained, plus in a cell.

She'd been alone in what seemed like a solitary cell for a few hours without anyone coming in, crammed in a corner, bloody, bruised, her leg already looking infected, though she couldn't tell with the dim lighting.
A rib or two had to be broken. Definitely something jacked up in her left arm. One eye was swollen shut.

As far as she knew, Lux was safe. That was good. She might her hate now, but she was safe. Lux didn't need to get dragged around in Jinx's shit anymore.

Jinx knew she was crazy. But she didn't know she was crazy enough to actually care about someone as much as she did Lux. For once she wasn't putting herself first, crazy. She really, really cared. It was weird. It wasn't something she was familiar with.

And it made her want to be closer.

Holding Lux's hand was obviously a stupid mistake. But she liked it. And she had wanted to do it. It was stupid. And she shouldn't have done it.
It wouldn't happen again, even if she wanted it to.

She was in a jacket, in a high security cell, unable to bother some nice girl who she nearly ruined the life of. It was better this way.

If she did get out, which she'd do whenever she was done moping, which she was very well aware she was doing, she'd leave Lux alone. She couldn't drag her into trouble again. Or whatever the hell she was starting to feel for her.

Her. Another bad thing. She shouldn't want to hold a girls hand. She wasn't Vi. She couldn't be.
Vi was with Caitlyn. On Caitlyn's side, Caitlyn who had people beat Jinx damn near to death.
She couldn't be like her.
Not in anyway. As much as she wanted to let herself. She couldn't. It would be bad.

Jinx heard the door rattle open. She was prepared for yet another beating, though I'd probably kill her at this point. Instead she was lifted to her feet by the jacket, that had purple blood soaked through it. Maybe Caitlyn was going to beat the shit out of her herself.

They'd put a bag over her head as they dragged her somewhere. Not like it was going to change anything.

The whole drag hurt. She could feel every hit they'd landed on her. She was surprised she didn't go unconscious while they took her wherever they were going

She was shoved into a hard metal chair. Restraints around her ankles and one across her abdomen even though she was already in the jacket.

The enforcers pulled the bag off and exited, not after giving her a good long glare. She wasn't in the mood to say anything to piss them off. So she didn't.

A few minutes passed, she could see the time now from the clock on the wall. She wasn't exactly how sure it'd been since she'd been arrested. It was 10pm. So I'd probably been a day of bleeding in the cell. Damn surprising she was alive.

Eventually, the door opened. Caitlyn, no shocker there. She looked worried, shocker there.
She held a few papers, and came in alone. Silently. Sort of creepy.
"Hat lady, bout time you showed up. Finally tired of sending goons in to beat me?"
Caitlyn sighed sitting across the table from Jinx
"I didn't tell them to do that. Actually I'd prefer they hadn't"
"Why? Fat hands mad at you?"
"That, and you've already taken a bullet. I'll have those men punished, they went against my orders."
Jinx silently held her glare on Caitlyn. She was only doing this for Vi, Caitlyn wouldn't do it otherwise. It made Jinx want to puke, but she probably couldn't in this state.
"I'll have you sent to the infirmary after this, I'm surprised you're even conscious.." Caitlyn said shuffling through her papers.
"If you actually answer It would do you good," she started clicking her pen
"Who all helped you progress day?"
"I mean, the firelights were supposed to"
"Who shot the machine to make it work?"
Jinx froze a second. She didn't think enforcers had seen that much.
"I dunno, a firelight."
"They we're with us. You tried to escape with the person, so it couldn't have been."
Jinx's head was to clogged to think of something, so she just shrugged, looking down at the floor.
"You're protecting them then," Caitlyn said, a little surprised.
"Why?"
Jinx grumbled and looked back to Caitlyn and glared.
"I was gonna kill em' myself, but yknow, can't do that now"
Caitlyn scoffed "we both know that's a lie. Just tell me who and we can get this over with for today"
"What so I can go back and sit in a cell all day? No thanks"
"Is there something reasonable you'd want in return for a name?"
Jinx wished there was. But, she was crazy. And cared to damn much.