𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐔𝐑 𝐍*𝐆𝐆𝐀 (5)

DOUBLE UPDATING. Check for 2nd update.

 Check for 2nd update

Vote and Comment

Vote and Comment

The TV was way too loud. Tierra went over the bills with them at breakfast but Shay insisted on leaving judge Mathis on.

"Turn it off." She said quickly, adjusting her glasses. "Emoni you going to prom?"

She shook her head no. Her cousins did the previous year and she wasn't interested. Now none of them were.

"Okay. When you getting your car?"

Emoni looked at her weird and shrugged. "Don't know. Don't wanna buy it then be broke." She had enough money saved but her every day expenses added up.

"Get it. The money you didn't spend on prom is still in your savings under my Navy Federal account. When you get your car I'll deposit it." Tierra stood up and walked to the coffee cabinet.

A big smile came on her face hearing her aunts words. She didn't even know she had her proms savings, if prom passed she just thought her aunt took it for something else. She turned to her cousins with a shifty grin knowing they were about to spazz.

Shay's mouth fell open. "Where's my prom money?"

"You spent it. Both of y'all. Frontal wig installs, nails, lashes, custom made dresses, she didn't wanna do that shit y'all did. And y'all tell her everyday she lame for not going to prom. Look at y'all now though. Broke asses." Tierra put a pod in it Keurig and close the top.

Shay shook her head. "Ma, that's not even fair. You paid out of pocket for prom, if that's the case what did-"

Before should could finish her min shot her a look. "You about to argue with me about my money?" She asked seriously, leaning against the counter in her scrubs.

Tierra was a RN that worked night shift most of their child hood. When high school came along she realized how much shit they'd gotten away with while she was away at night and changed her schedule. Emoni moved in around that time as well. Shay and Jayla were spoiled but rotten depended on the context.