Chapter Eighteen- A Different Approach

"Where are we going to stay?" Jennifer asked as she went in the passenger side of his car.

"We have been going about this all wrong love," He began, his hand on hers. "What provokes her to come after us?"

"Revenge?"

"Our response..."

"I don't follow..."

"She only gets her kicks and revenge if we respond to her. How about we go on with our lives as if she never existed?"

"That is difficult when she shoots at us through the house windows and breaks into our apartment..."

"But it's all on how we respond. Trust me love...."

Jennifer was unsure about his plan, but trusted him more than her own thoughts since most of them were violent.

"We should get you home...get you in bed-to rest." He said quickly.

"But I am not very tired...in fact I am not sleepy in the slightest...and we never officially had a wedding night..."

"We have made up for it the past few years wouldn't you say?"

"So you don't want me?" Her face now long with sadness.

"Of course I do. I always do. You are like a long-term itch I can never scratch-"

Seeing her facial expression, he giggled. "Bad comparison, but you know what I mean. I can never get my fill of you-but you have been through a lot tonight-"

"Maybe that's why I need to be with you. To feel your embrace and know that I am safe. To hear your voice to say my name as I lay with you. To know you are here...It feels like years since we were last together..."

He gave her a sweet smile.

"My love, what do you wish for tonight?"

"I want you to love me as if it is our first night. As if we had never been together before. I was terrified something had happened since nobody heard anything from you. I was scared you and I were never to be a family..."

"I will do anything you ask, I love you will all I am. I just don't want to exhaust you..."

"I can hold my own..."

"We'll see..." He said with a sinister smile.