Chapter One- The Announcement

"Do you know the gender yet?" Lana asked anxiously as she sat across Jennifer and Colin at the cafe.

        "We are hoping for a boy, but as long as the child is happy and healthy, we don't care." Jennifer said as Colin left the booth for a moment to use the restroom. Leaving Lana and Jennifer to discuss the latest developments or lack there of.

        Lana moved beside Jennifer and placed her hand on her cheek. "Have you heard anything else since that text?"

        "No, that's what's worrying me."

        "Could the little girl have texted you? Just in attempts to scare you or get back at you?" Jennifer took a sip of her water before turning to Lana.

        "Anything's possible I guess..."

        "It has been almost a month. He is cold in the ground by now. I think you'll be fine."

        As Colin emerged from the bathroom, he came beside Jennifer, placing his hand behind her and pulling her close to him.

        "What are you ladies talking about?" He asked with his Killian grin.

        "When is the date for your vows?" Lana asked. Jennifer admired how she was able to change the subject so quick without any curiosity from the other party.

        "We were thinking two months...we want to be married before Little baby Colifer is born."

        "Baby what?" Lana said, not being able to hold back a laugh.

        "That's our couple name I guess." Colin said shrugging.

        "Cute."

        Lana noticed how Jennifer and Colin were unable to stop looking and touching one another. She felt as if she were a third wheel and decided it was her time to leave. When Lana went to reach for her wallet, Colin quickly jumped up and snagged the check before making it up to the register, she shot him an arrogant smirk. 

        "Will he ever let me pay?"

        "Probably not." Jennifer said as she slid from the booth.

        But as Colin stood before the register, there was a reflection in the mirror. One he neglected to see. A pretty woman stood before the glass with red hair brushed neatly back in a ponytail and dark glasses covering her eyes. She wore a dark brown leather jacket which was strange for the time of year and shorts that if any shorter mine as well be the bottoms of a swimsuit. She glared at the threesome before slowly making her way past the establishment, watching as Colin and Jennifer parted from Lana with friendly hugs.