six

Harry's multiple rings glittered in the light as he raised his cocktail to his mouth. That mouth was crafted by demons – lips as wet and lush as an overripe strawberry, and Louis wanted to bite them. Instead, he watched them pouting and stretching as they formed words he didn't hear. Harry was getting tipsy and it was a sight to behold.

"You're not even listening to me, Mr Tomlinson." Harry pushed out his bottom lip like a child and slowly blinked his eyes.

"I like when you call me that."

"What? Mr Tomlinson? Well, you're my boss. I have to be professional 'round you." Harry nodded to himself and took another sip.

Louis smirked and narrowed his eyes. "Oh? Is that so hard to do?"

Harry set his drink down and watched his lap as he pushed his hands between his thighs, almost as if he needed to hold them still. "Well, sometimes. You- sometimes you're confusing."

"Me? What have I done that's confusing?" Louis signaled the waiter to bring another round of drinks.

Harry frowned to himself like he was trying to remember what he was saying. "I've just never had a boss who gave me gifts. I thought maybe you were hitting on me at first." Harry's head shot up and he looked at Louis with wide, worried eyes. "I mean... I didn't mean to say that out loud. I really should stop drinking. That sounds so conceited... or presumptuous. I just meant..."

Louis laid a hand on Harry's shoulder and squeezed, gently. "It's okay. I just like making people happy. I remember what it was like earning my first paycheck in a city as expensive as London. I was so broke, I could hardly see a movie, never mind treat myself to something nice after a long week at work. So, now that I can afford it... I share the wealth a little."

"I'm sorry, Mr Tomlinson. I didn't mean to insult you. And I do love the gifts." Harry's fingers played with the ruffles on the blouse as he spoke, a small smile hovering on his lips. "This is the prettiest thing I've ever worn."

"Well, it's perfect then because you look like the prettiest thing wearing it."

Harry blushed, fiercely, the alcohol in his system adding to the flush in his cheeks. "Thank you."

As the cocktails made Harry more giggly, and his hand gestures more exaggerated, Louis hoped they also made his brain to mouth filter less effective; his next words were calculated: "You like being complimented, I notice."

Harry smiled woozily into his drink, stirring the pretty cocktail in front of him and mumbling almost to himself. "That's true. I like being a good boy... doing as I'm told... being rewarded for it."

Louis took a sip of his own drink to hide his smile, noticing how Harry's slip of the tongue was rather racy; almost... lewd. Feeling as Harry's thighs moved and squeezed tightly together, Louis had begun plotting how he could use this new information. "I see."

"I- I mean..." Harry fumbled for words, shifting in his seat, his voice dropping to a whisper. He looked like he desperately wanted to take the slightly suggestive admission back, but ultimately decided it was too late. "I guess?"

"Those are good qualities in an assistant, Harry." Louis switched back to a more professional tone and looked away, pleased to note Harry nervously chewing the skin around his ring finger.

"Um. Yes, thank you, sir. I, uh, I want to be that for you."

Oh, there had to be a way for Louis to use that to his advantage. Turning back, he reached across the pink, cushioned bench they were sitting on, and patted Harry's thigh with a smile. "You're getting there."