Chapter 4: Shooting Kiva & Cure Mint of Tranquility!

(Library of L'Ecole Cinq Lumieres Academy)

In the library, Akimoto Komachi is sitting at the librarian's desk writing the latest pages of her novel. As she was engrossed in the manuscript, a girl approached to ask to borrow a book, Komachi quickly took out a loan application and let the girl fill it out.

"Hai. You can borrow it for a week." Komachi said as she stamped her approval and handed the book and the application form to the other girl.

"Yes." The girl replied and left.

When Komachi was getting ready, she overheard gossip from some other students who were also in the library.

"Hey, have you heard? This library might be cursed."

"Cursed?"

"They say when it gets dark, you can hear loud voice like someone struggleliny."

"No way."

"I for real! I heard it from the class next door."

As the rumors spread further and further, Komachi began to feel nervous. She tried to ignore those words and focus back on the manuscript of the novel, but when she looked back at the contents of the manuscript, she felt that it made no sense at all.

"It's not good at all." Komachi exclaimed as she crumpled up a manuscript.

========================================================================================================================================================================

(Castle Doran)

At the same time, inside Castle Doran, by way of a corridor with torches lining the walls and a number of doors lining the walls. We come to the main hall of Catsle Doran, where three young men are seen playing cards together.

"Heh." A young man with all the physical features of a normal high school boy. He has nape-length blue hair with brown eyes. He wore a black jacket, casual pants, and a white shirt with a loose tie. He calmly revealed the cards in his hand. "Full House."

He sat at a coffee table with two other people.

One was a young man of average height with short purple hair parted in the middle, dark brown eyes, and a slender body. He was wearing the same butler uniform as the blue-haired young man, but he was wearing a tie neatly.

The last one is a boy with jade-colored hair that reaches to the nape of his neck and is ruffled which makes people think he just got out of bed and hasn't combed his hair. His eyes are the same color as his hair and he's wearing the same butler uniform as the other two, but he wears knee-length shorts instead of long pants.

"Shirou, sometimes I get the feeling that you cheat," The butler said as he passed his chips to his colleague.

"You just need to know how to be tricky, Kaitou." Shirou stated as he tapped his forehead. "Even a poker face like yours isn't enough."

When two older young men were talking about the finer points of Poker, the youngest was looking at magical Tarot cards that had the ability to see the world beyond the castle.

"Hey, Shirou, Katiou." He called two of his friends. "How do you feel about the world we're in?"

"It looks pretty bad to me." Shirou said as he shuffled the deck of cards in his hand. He then handed out the cards and said more. "If you want you can go out and check it out, Shinji."

"Ya, I'm not very interested." Shinji said while looking at another card. "But if Ayame-sama calls me, I'll go outside."

"Four of a kind!" Kaitou said as he announced the cards in his hand. His stern face revealed a slight smile. "I won, Shirou."