Chapter 5: The Qualification of A Pretty Cure & Dark Kiva's Awakening!

(Kurenai Ayame's House)

Dreams are experiences and illusions in the mind during sleep. Dreaming does not only happen to humans but can also occur in mammals and some birds. However, when it comes to dreams, we usually only refer to this phenomenon in humans. Events in dreams are often impossible or unlike reality, beyond the control of the dreamer. Except in the case of lucid dreams (awakening dreams), in which the dreamer realizes that he or she is dreaming, can sometimes alter the reality of their dreams. Dreamers can experience intense emotions while dreaming, and this can inspire music.

In short, everyone's dreams are often not the same. Everyone has their own dreams and unique experiences. But in general, they will all have good experiences when dreaming.

Well, most of them...

"Grah... ah... ah..." Ayame groaned in her bed as she was having a bad dream.

Every time Ayame groaned, her heart beat increased.

*Ba-Dump!*

"Please.. Don't die..." Ayame groaned.

*Ba-Dump!*

"Don't die..." Ayame continued to groan, involuntarily attracting the attention of Kivat, who was sleeping in his walled house.

"Hmm? Ayame, is something wrong?" Kivat asked as he flew back to check.

*Ba-Dump!*

"Don't die... Don't die..." Ayame's groans began to alternate with sobs.

"Ayame! Ayame! Ayame!" Kivat called worriedly when he saw that Ayame had a bad expression.

*Ba-Dump!*

"AOI! DO NOT DIE!!!!" Ayame jumped up from the bed and shouted.

Ayame's scream was like a sonic attack as it caused the wind to rise like a storm right in the room. Everything was blown away by that, even Kivat tried to hold on, but he was still blown away in the end. However, everything did not stop there when Ayame's screams also brought a sound so high that some glass objects and windows were destroyed.

After that, Ayame panted on the bed while her hands were clutching the blanket she had been covering for a while.

She continued to pant while rolling her eyes for a while until Kivat recovered and flew to her place.

"Are you okay, Ayame? Did you have a nightmare?" Kivat asked worriedly.

"I'm fine..." Ayame replied before trying to regulate her breathing.

"Are you sure? I heard you shouting Aoi's name while you were sleeping." Kivat asked causing Ayame to look down. Ayame's hand tightened around her blanket even more. Ayame's eyes started to fill with tears, but she didn't cry, only tightened the barrier so much that it almost broke.

Kivat next to her didn't know what to say, but could only quietly fly away.

Ayame continued to sit on the bed in that state for a while until she fell back and lay down. She placed a hand on her forehead while staring at the ceiling. Every time Ayame closes her eyes, she dreams about the nightmare she just had and it makes her think about it.

"Why did I dream that dream after two years?" Ayame wondered as he thought about it more deeply. She had been dreaming that dream for a very long time.

Ayame's gaze then shifted slightly to the side of the room, where she saw a lot of broken things. This is not the first time this has happened, she is used to it every time she has a dream.