one.

[ lowercase intended. ]

-

mackenzie

29th november.

"hey babe, if you don't mind, i'll just get a few of our orders in the counter, okay?"
my boyfriend isaak stated.

we're currently enjoying dinner in a restaurant. we're celebrating our 5 month anniversary today.

i was just casually waiting for him when my phone rang a few times. there were all messages from a.. group chat??

what is this?

i opened the chat to see who they were, but it turned out they were just random people who had probably added the wrong person.

GAMING FAM

Lr Shadoww added you to the group.

: have i added them?

: aye yo bro who's that

who the heck are these people??
i was really curious about this thing so i replied,

: ???

: hi
: *sends photo*

: this me @Mackenzie Ziegler: don't leave the chat

: don't leave the chat

wait.. it's johnny????

: holy shit

: LMAO

: oh my gosh
: i thought you guys were some random pedo shit

: bro???? who tf is this dude @Mackenzie Ziegler

: what games are you guys playing i don't play those 💀
: i only play fortnite

: no way you do?
: i'm hayden btw
: john who tf is this girl

: we were schoolmates
: and friends

so here's the thing, johnny had a massive crush on me when we were in sixth grade, and my mom was overjoyed, not because someone finally liked me, but because he loves johnny. she treats him more like a child than i am.

yet, like his mother, whom i adore, i admire how she treats me as if i were her own daughter, especially when i see her walking into our school and she greets me with, "hello sweetie!! how are you doing?", and such phrases.

there was one time when johnny and i were playing in the school gym and told me how much he likes me, which we just laughed about since we knew it's foolish and that, we're just kids.

but afterwards he told me that in a few months, they'll be permanently moving to their hometown.
and, thankfully before that, our school had a tradition of honoring us every time we graduated from sixth grade. so, johnny and i snapped pictures and talked about several stuff while enjoying that moment.
this is unfortunate because it will be the final time i see him.
it was the last time i remembered anything.

johnny returned to his hometown to continue his schooling after sixth grade. despite the fact that he went his separate ways, we still did communicate.
however, not that much.

i believe it's been a year since we last spoke? so i was taken aback when he unexpectedly added me to this group chat; i had assumed he had forgotten about me.
did he, in fact, forgot about me?

: oh yeah she's my friend

: oh, yeah hi mackenzie i'm hayden, wanna be friends?

: yeah sure
: and we should play fortnite sometimes

: yo hayden, that girl's taken already

: bro, i know, i'm just asking her to play with me, damn

: ugh whatever

"babe?? are you okay? who are you talking to?" i was snapped out of reality when isaak called me.

"oh, sorry babe, i was just added by this random group chat." i replied.

"oh? you seem interested though, they're random people right?? you should go leave there."

"oh actually no babe... you remember johnny? he was the one who added me."

"hmm.. okay, let's go eat." he said seriously.

is he mad?

we returned home after eating. i continued talking with johnny and his friends at that point. that guy hayden started texting me pick-up lines, which was ridiculous since he was like that the entire time i was around. i'm not going to lie, talking to them, especially johnny, was a lot of fun.

"BABE??? are you even paying attention to me? " isaak exclaimed.
his actions surprised me significantly.

"i'm sorry," i said hesitantly as he got closer and closer.

"no! it appears that you're having fun with the people in that group chat, huh? "

oh no. he's furious.

"i'm so sorry, it's just that i missed talking to johnny, and look, if you're here, i'm sure you'll like talking to his homies," i said meekly as i handed him my phone.

isaak kissed me hard, hard until i couldn't breathe as i finished my statement.

whenever he's angry, why does he always do this?

it's too much for me... my body...

this wasn't supposed to happen....

when am i going to wake up from this nightmare?