three.

[ lowercase intended. ]
-

mackenzie

20th december.

gosh. it's december, which they say, the most beautiful month of the year.
which is true anyway.
but it's sad, us stuck in quarantine during this time..
we can't even celebrate with our family...

i'm still unable to return home. since i started dating isaak, maddie and mom hasn't spoken to me.
i really miss them.
i wish i could be there to see them.
if i did, i'd give them a big hug.

okay, enough with the drama—i'm arranging the house with various christmas decorations today. i almost cried while doing this because it was something my mom, maddie, and i used to do every december.

isaak was away, as usual. he is currently employed. which is fine by me because being alone, especially at home, is ideal.

i get to enjoy the house, dance, sing, and perform fun tasks.

my phone rang just as i finished decorating.

i immediately knew it was johnny.

that moment has been repeating itself for the past few days, ever since me and johnny first spoke. before nightfall, we'd facetime each other. i'm learning more about him as we interact.
he was really gregarious. he would spend a lot of time talking about his family, which i find the most admirable.

i began to believe that he had changed throughout those times with him. he was, after all, that annoying child i used to dislike.
i suddenly remembered that we were enemies in fourth grade, and the worst thing was that he was my seatmate. LMAO. what a huge torment and nightmare.

when he confessed, though, the 'enemy' thing was gone. it was hilarious since the way he confessed was actually rather pretty good.

it was Valentine's Day at the period, i was surprised he wasn't taunting or fighting me.
i wasn't expecting him to give me a fake rose as i was eating my lunch near him.
"hello kenzie, happy valentine's day," and "i like you, which is why i tease and quarrel with you."
it was honestly incredibly cute.
i still had the fake rose with me.
never will i forget that moment.

he was the only one, not even isaak, who did it to me.

i answered the call.

"wassup kenz"

"hey what's up john"

"how ya doin'?"

"ah, i'm doing great, i just finished decorating our house."

"oh, your house?"

"mhmm, me and my boyfriend's house."

"you guys live together??? damn"

"yeahh. it's just like the same, it's like my house only. i'm always alone." i stated irritably.

"bruh same, i'm always alone, that's why i always talk to you HAHAHAHA"

"what? shouldn't be you talking to your girlfriend instead of me??"

"eh no, i'm busy"

"busy?" i laughed.

"oh yeah, playing.
by the way, i haven't seen your boyfriend's face yet."

"why? you seem interested.."

"of course, after all, i wanna see who's more handsome."

"my gosh, i don't wanna hear you flex about that glowing face of yours, i'll be jealous"

"oh come on you've got to be kidding me, you had a huge glow up too, to be honest"

"nah"

"eh, i've said what i need to say"

"so what are your plans today john?"

"i don't know, i wanna play, but i don't have anyone to play with me"

"you retard what am i here for huh?"

"oh hell nah i would suffer the whole game when you're with me"

"fuck you"

"oh chill man, chill"

"hey you played fortnite before right?"

"yeah, i stopped playing it, it was boring"

"bruh, your skins were useless then— you should've given me those"

"eh, no, you're still noob kenz"

"we're just the same, john"

"no i'm already a pro, don't you know?"

"i bet hayden is, not you"

"speaking of hayden, fine, i'll go play fortnite. we'll join him, you game?"

"oh heck yeah!"

"ayeee that's what i like about you kenz"

"i thought you hated me?"

"oh yeah i still hate you"

"fuck y—"

"shh, i'm gonna make a group chat with you and hayden in it so we can plan when to play, huh?"

"that's a good idea"

"alright i'm gonna go sleep, mom and dad are still at work, and i'm obviously still alone"

"aren't you scared there?"

"psh, scared? i'm a man!" he giggled.

"whatever, i'm gonna clean the house now, i'll talk to you again soon"

"okaaaayy, just text us"

"yeah sure, bye john"

"bye mackenzie"