two.

[ lowercase intended. ]
-

mackenzie

currently, i'm on the phone with jules and lexi. Thursday is girls' day, yeah?

we were discussing how desperately we wanted to see each other. we haven't seen each other in over two years, and it's all because of the pandemic.
i mean we can hang out now, it's only that we have not yet scheduled any.

i was just listening to them when it occurred to me what had happened the night before.

i was in extreme pain. not because of what he did, but because of what i'm going through with him.

isaak has continued to do such things to me since he revealed his true colors. i wasn't even sure if being with him was still appropriate. he treats me like his own all of the time, especially at night.
but i ignored it because i love him.

right now, however, i'm grateful he wasn't around the house; yes, we do live in the same house. my mom didn't know it, even my sister maddie. being in the house with him, it was initially pleasant and enjoyable. but, as time passes, things have changed since he showed his true colors.

what happened in the group chat, if you're curious? it was him. i had nothing to do with isaak leaving that chat, although i was afraid of what he'd do if i stopped him.

as i realized i need to clean the house, my thoughts were vanished. i immediately went to bid the girls goodbye and began tidying.

after cleaning, my phone rang.
gosh, i was just drinking my water, who's calling me at this time???

Lr Shadoww is calling you...

shit, why is he calling? so weird.

i then thought maybe he needs something important, so i answered the call.

"hello??"

"wassup kenzie!!"

gosh that was so loud.. wait— is that his voice????

"the fuck john? are you okay??"

"of course! i just missed my friend."

"is that why you called me??"

"hmm yeah." he said as he chuckled.

"fuck you."

"hey watch your mouth bruh, i actually called to ask why you left the chat. hayden was missing you."

"are you serious?" i said laughing.

"gosh don't mind hayden, he's my cousin by the way."

i widened my eyes. cousin?

"your cousin? tell me you're lying."

"i wish i am lying."

as he replied, he suddenly turned on his camera and started showing his face.

holy motherfucking shit...

is that his face?

a huge glow up man.

is that even johnny??

"aye yo kenz, turn on your camera, i wanna see your face."

"no way"

"just do it"

"ugh, okay."

without hesitation i turned on my camera.
and i saw him laughing through the screen.

"what the fuck are you laughing about"

"your face, HAHAHAHA"

"shut up"

"HAHAHAHA, still cute kenz, nothing changed"

"that was cringe."

"bruh"

"oh you were asking why i left the chat, it was my boyfriend who did it."

"what the fuck? is he the one holding your phone?"

"no of course not. he saw me smiling and stuff, but i told him it was you and your friends, i don't get why he's mad"

he began laughing.

"does he know i liked you when we were in 6th grade?"

"yeah, he was not happy about it."
i laughed.

"he's probably jealous. HAHAHAHA"

"i guess he is, HAHAHAHA"

"tell him don't be, i have a girlfriend."

"a girlfriend? someone liked your ugly face?" i replied as i laughed.

"oh shut up, i bet i'm more handsome than your boyfriend."

"you? HAHAHAHAHAH
never in a million years, john."

"bet."

we were both howling with laughter as our chat continued. we reviewed his life in Canada, his schooling, and his relationship. he said they met at school and that her name is Mia.
he even showed me her face, and all i can say is that she is very stunning.

i'm really enjoying the conversation i just had with johnny. even when we were still seeing one other, we didn't get to communicate for this long. it was the first time i had really gotten to know him.
and this sensation, there was no awkwardness, and that time with him seemed like we'd known each other since we were kids, which is actually right.

i can honestly say that in the last few days, this day have been the highlight of my life.

i get to speak with my friend, whom i greatly miss.