VI.

Caspian, with his head bandaged, opens his eyes. He takes off the bandage and gets up. He tries to decipher where he is but the sharp pain in his head doesn't help.

"This bread is so stale," Nikabrik complains.

"I'll just get him some soup then," Trufflehunter says.

"You said you were going to get rid of him."

"No, I said I'd take care of him."

"Well, I don't think I hit him hard enough."

"Nikabrik, he's just a boy!"

"He's a Telmarine, not some lost puppy!"

"We can't kill him now, not after bandaging its head. It would be like murdering a guest."

"Ah, and how do you think his friends are treating their guest?" Nikabrik asks.

"Trumpkin knew what he was doing," Trufflehunter says. Caspian bolts for the door, making Trufflehunter drop the bowl of soup. Nikabrik stands in Caspian's the way. Caspian pulls a hot poker from the fire and blocks Nikabrik's blows.

"See? I told you we should've killed him!" Nikabrik yells.

"You know why we can't!" Trufflehunter yells back

"If you're taking a vote, I'm with him," Caspian says, pointing at Trufflehunter.

"We can't let him go! He has seen us!" Nikabrik swings his sword a few more times, but Caspian blocks him.

"That's enough, Nikabrik! Or do I have to sit on your head again?" Trufflehunter threatens. With that Nikabrik stops.

"Now, look what you made me do! I spent half the morning on that soup,"

"Wh-what are you?" Caspian asks.

"It's funny. You'd think more people would recognize a badger when they saw one.

"No, I mean... You're Narnians. You're supposed to be extinct," Caspian states.

"Sorry to disappoint you," Nikabrik says sarcastically. Trufflehunter returns with more soup.

"Here we are. Still hot," Trufflehunter says placing a bowl of soup on the table.

"Since when did we become a boarding house for Telmarine soldiers?" Nikabrik hissed.

"I'm not a soldier! I'm Prince Caspian... the tenth," Caspian introduces himself.

"What are you doing here?" Nikabrik asks.

"Running away. My uncle has always wanted my throne. I suppose I have only lived this long because he did not have an heir of his own," Caspian explains looking down at the floor.

"Well, this changes things," Trufflehunter says.

"Yes... It means we won't have to kill you ourselves," Nikabrik states.

"You're right," Caspian agrees. He gets up and starts putting on his armor.

"Where are you going?" Trufflehunter asks.

"My uncle will not stop until I am dead," Caspian states.

"Wait, you're meant to save us! Don't you know what this is?" Trufflehunter says picking up the horn. Caspian stares at the horn in Trufflehunter's hands.