VIII.

Caspian walks through a forest of ferns. He stops.

"I can hear you," Caspian says exasperatedly, Behind him, Nikabrik and Trufflehunter come out of hiding.

"I just think we should wait for the kings and queens," Trufflehunter suggests. Caspian proceeds to ignore them and keeps walking.

"Fine, go then! See if the others will be as understanding," Trufflehunter huffs.

"Or maybe I'll come with you. I want to see you explain things to the minotaurs," Nikabrik says. Caspian stops.

"Minotaurs... they're real?" Caspian asks worried.

"And very bad tempered," Trufflehunter says.

"Yeah, not to mention big," Nikabrik adds.

"Huge," Trufflehunter adds on.

"What about centaurs? Do they still exist?" Caspian asked worriedly.

"Well, the centaurs will probably fight on your side. But there's no telling what the others will do," Trufflehunter replies.

"What about Aslan?" Caspian asks. They go silent Nikabrik and Trufflehunter stop and look at each other.

"How do you know so much about us?" Nikabrik asks Caspian.

"Stories," Caspian replies simply.

"Wait a minute... Your father told you stories about Narnia?" Trufflehunter asks. Caspian tenses.

"No, my professor... Listen, I am sorry. These are not the kinds of questions you should be asking," Caspian says annoyed. Caspian walks off. Trufflehunter sniffs.

"What is it?" Nikabrik asks.

"Human," Trufflehunter states.

"Him?" Nikabrik asks pointing at Caspian.

"No... them!" Trufflehunter exclaims pointing at the Telmarine soldiers. They look over and see Telmarine soldiers approaching on foot.

"There they are!" A soldier yells.

"Run!" Trufflehunter says.

They run away as arrows fly past them. Trufflehunter gets hit and falls.

"Oh no..." Nikabrik says.

"Wait, I'll go!" Caspian says. He runs back.

"Take it, go! It's more important than I am!" Trufflehunter says handing Caspian the horn. Soldiers stop and take aim. Suddenly the ferns rustle, and a soldier falls. Caspian looks confused, but picks up Trufflehunter and runs. More soldiers fall as they pursue them.

"Get him out of here," Caspian says as he reaches Nikabrik and puts the badger down. Caspian draws his sword and starts walking back. Another soldier falls. The last one throws down his crossbow, draws his sword, and starts swinging wildly at the ferns around him. The solider falls. The rustle in the ferns starts coming towards Caspian... then, something flips out of the ferns and knocks Caspian down. A sword flies into the air, lands in the creatures' hand, and is pointed at Caspian.

"Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine!" Reepicheep yells pointing his tiny sword at Caspian, who stares dumbfounded.

"You are a mouse," Caspian states dumbfounded.

"I was hoping for something a little more original. Come on, pick up your sword," Reepicheep sighs. Caspian looks over at his sword, lying on the ground beside him.

"Uh, no thanks."

"Pick it up! I will not fight an unarmed man."

"Which is why I will live longer if Ichoose not to cross blades with you, noble mouse."

"I said I wouldn't fight you. I didn't say I'd let you live!"

"Reepicheep, stay your blade!" Trufflehunter orders.

"Trufflehunter? I trust you have a good reason for this untimely interruption!" Reepicheep asks.

"He doesn't. Go ahead," Nikabrik says.

"Reepicheep, he's the one that blew the horn!" Trufflehunter explains. Reepicheep stares at Caspian.

"What?" Reepicheep asks.

"Then let him bring it forward," Glenstorm says. Four centaurs come over the hill, "This is the reason we have gathered."