XIV.

A faun stand outside keep watch. He notices a Telmarine soldier in the forest. The soldier quickly rides away. In the Stone Table room, Peter talks to the Narnians.

"It's only a matter of time. Miraz' men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle," Peter announces.

"What do you propose we do, Sire?" Reepicheep asks.

"We-" Caspian started at the same time Peter began, "Our-"

"I may not have a say in this, but you two can start by putting your differences aside," Gwendolyn stands up turning all the attention to her, "The tension isn't going to get us anywhere. We must do something, and that something can not be die or die, with no other choice."

Peter looks at Gwendolyn then at Caspian. Caspian concedes.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us," Peter said, he looked at Gwendolyn.

"But that's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle," Caspian

"There's always a first time," Peter says.

"We'll have the element of surprise," Trumpkin adds.

"But we have the advantage here," Caspian told him.

"Shouldn't we listen to the person who actually lived in the castle his whole life? Not the one who has never actually seen it?" Gwendolyn asks

"Shut up, Gwen," Peter replies.

"Fine. But if you die, I'll say I told you so," Gwendolyn says. She walks out the How.

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely," Susan says.

"I, for one, feel safer underground," Trufflehunter states.

"Look, I appreciate what you've done, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb," Peter tells Caspian.

"Yes, and if the Telmarines are smart, they'll just starve us out," Edmund said.

"We could collect nuts!" Pattertwig suggested.

"Oh yes, and throw them at the Telmarines! ...Shut up!" Reepicheep said sarcastically. He turns to Peter, "I think you know where I stand on this, Sire."

"If I can get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" Peter asks Glenstorm.

"Or die trying, my liege," Glenstorm replied.

"That's what I'm worried about," Lucy says exasperatedly.

"Sorry?" Peter asks.

"Well, you're all acting like there are only two options: Dying here, or dying there," Lucy replies, "And if you've heard what Gwendolyn said, she warned you that this would happen. Gwendolyn's right. We should listen to the person who actually lived in the castle his whole life, Peter have you ever seen the castle?"

"I'm not sure you've really been listening, Lu."

"No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?"

"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough," Peter ends it.