XIX.

Peter sits in front of the cracked Stone Table and looks at the carving of Aslan. Lucy walks up and sits beside him.

"You're lucky, you know," Peter states.

"What do you mean?" Lucy asks.

"To have seen him. I wish he'd just give me some kind of proof," Peter sighs.

"Maybe we're the ones who need to prove ourselves to him," Lucy suggests. Just then Edmund runs up.

"Pete, you'd better come quickly," Edmund says. They go outside, and see the Telmarine army approaching. Miraz, in full armor, rides to the front.

In the Stone Table room, the Narnians make plans.

"Cakes and kettledrums! That's your next big plan? Sending a little girl alone into the darkest parts of the forest alone?" Trumpkin asks.

"It's our only chance," Peter explains.

"And she won't be alone," Gwendolyn says, "I'll go with Lucy, you are needed her more than I am, Susan."

"You won't," Caspian refused looking at Gwendolyn.

"I will. Why can't I?" Gwendolyn asked annoyed that he's refusing to let her go, then it dawned on her, "Really? Is that really why you won't let me? It only happens once every few months."

"We aren't taking any risks," Caspian replied.

"I'm going that's final," Gwendolyn said stubbornly.

"Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin asks. Caspian looks at Gwendolyn and gestures to Trumpkin. She rolls her eyes. She noticed how Lucy and Susan were staring at them and stayed silent.

"Nikabrik was my friend too, but he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I," Trufflehunter states.

"For Aslan," Reepicheep says.

"For Aslan," Bulgy Bear agrees. Peter looks at the Bulgy Bear.

"I'm going with you," Trumpkin says turning to Lucy.

"No, we need you here," Lucy tells him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"We have to hold them off until Lucy and Gwendolyn get back," Peter declares.

"If I may..." Caspian asks as he steps forward, "Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer. But as king, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There is one in particular that may buy us some time."