XXIII.

Glozelle rides back towards the Telmarine army.

"To arms, Telmar! To arms!" Glozelle yells. The Telmarines raise their weapons and cheer. With that Glozelle continued, "Cavalry... attack!"

The Telmarines charge. Peter looks back at Caspian. He rides back into the How on horseback where hundreds of Narnians wait inside.

"Archers to the ready!" Susan yells.

The Narnian archers put arrows to the string.

"Narnians! Charge!" Caspian orders. With Caspian leading the way, the Narnians charge down a tunnel beneath the battlefield.

"One... two... three..." Peter started counting.

"Four... five... six..." Caspian continues.

"Seven..." Peter adds.

"Take your aim!" Susan demands.

"Eight... nine... Get ready!" Peter orders.

"Now!" Caspian yells.

The Narnians underground begin smashing the stone pillars. The ground collapses and most of the Telmarine horses fall into the pit.

"Now!" Susan yells. The arrows fall into the pit, hitting Telmarines. At the end of the underground tunnel, two dwarfs lower a platform, and Caspian leads the Narnians out into the sun, and circle around to the Telmarine cavalry. A soldier climbs out of the pit, and sees Reepicheep in armor.

"You're... a mouse," the soldier states.

"You people have no imaginations!" Reepicheep shouts. The battle continues. Peter looks up at Gwendolyn, "Lucy..." he mutters. She looks around and shakes her head. Peter looks at the Telmarine army. He raises his sword.

"Back to the How!" Peter yells. The Narnians begin retreating towards Aslan's How.

"Cut off their escape!" Sopespian demands. The Telmarine trebuchets launch rocks at the How. Debris from the How falls down and blocks the entrance. Rocks fall around the archers.

"Brace Yourself!" Susan yells. Susan fall as the ground beneath them collapses. Trumpkin catches Susan. Caspian, Gwendolyn and Peter watch as Susan slips and falls down to the next level. Susan gets down and joins the others. They look around and see they are surrounded, and the Telmarines are closing in.

"Crush them all," Sopespian orders. Edmund draws his sword. Gwendolyn holds the handle of her sword tighter. They all exchange glances. Then they charge, Peter leading the way.