33. Connected

Connected

Kuro was sitting in the Crimson General's hospital room, he hadn't woken up since the match. He had liked him enough before he tried to put his hands so blatantly on his love, he wasn't a bad guy so what had driven him to do something so stupid? It made him wonder what drove him to her even more, every guy around her fell for her, it wasn't a fluke he watched it happen. It was almost like a queen bee effect, you couldn't help but be drawn to her she probably wasn't even aware of it.

He didn't really care if he was under a spell, even if the feeling was false it was too good to walk away from. She popped up out of nowhere with a crazy amount of strength, if her DNA didn't say she was human he would never believe it. Her power created an imbalance in power, he wouldn't stand a chance against her and his weapon was considered the strongest in the Empire. She was a goody goody two shoes no matter how you looked at her, she was always butting in and trying to take on other peoples problems, always helping where she could. Her godlike healing abilities with large scale destructive and protective weapons that couldn't even be put on a scale were unfair. Her abilities had a large drawback and completely drained her life force though when she utilized them to the max, every time she used them on a mass scale she was shortening her life span.

He had to put her on a scale with gods not humans, the only one to ever really damage her was herself and she had to almost kill herself to stop herself from killing him and Noctis. She was on his side whatever she was he didn't doubt that for a minute, his crysts wouldn't let him. Their exchanged crysts linked their souls so he could feel everything she did emotionally, her loyalty and love were deeply rooted in her. He could feel her and himself growing stronger, her crysts were still evolving with her even though they were in him. When she got stronger he could feel himself get stronger, he wondered if it was the same for her and Noctis. He would talk to Noctis when he was back, he was the best person to since next to him spent the most time with her one on one.

She came from a worse background than his, he had watched some of the videos Christian had left him, it was like pandora's box sitting in front of him when his curiosity about her was running rampant. He wanted to know what she was and why she effected him this way, the videos only revealed even more of her pure nature as she was constantly torn apart, broken, beaten, set on fire, injected with drugs and poisons and was still able to look at him with a smile and love in her eyes.

 Someone going through that should come out painted black like himself, he was dark, selfish and didn't care about too many people aside himself and his siblings and now Isa. She went in the opposite direction of nobody ever having to feel, pain, loneliness, sadness, despair, she gave you hope and something to look forward to. She made him care more about others, the people of his country, people suffering in other countries, things he had never cared about.

He remembered more clearly now their first night, he had heard her coming when he turned to look at her she had looked petrified and now he knew why. Her only contact with other people had been bad, but the look in her eyes changed after he spoke to her. She had come out of the brush after his cry for help, he half wondered if he summoned her. When he had set eyes on her and she reached out her hand normally he would have slapped it away and ran, instead he took it and ran with her. Ever since he never wanted to let go...

"Oh my the black prince himself is visiting, do you feel bad for what you did to this poor young man." Kuro smiled.

"I wanted to make sure you stayed alive long enough for me to almost kill again."

"That makes sense too." His body had taken more damage than he thought, her punches had ruptured one of his kidneys and broken six ribs, her chains also had broken bones, damaged his joints, punctured his lung and stomach. He had infuriated her he thought happily, he had been on battlefields for five years and had never taken so much damage. Kuro had finished him off by breaking his jaw and face causing internal bleeding in the brain which caused swelling and him to be comatose for...."how long have I been out?"