Chapter 10: Fate Won't Kill Me Yet

Chapter 10

Fate Won't Kill Me Yet

I kicked the back of some guy's chair as I sat down grimly in my second period seat (a.k.a. chemistry). I could see the black hair on his back rise in irritation and he glanced in my direction, flashing me a glance of his red plastic glasses.

I probably should have felt bad for the guy. I mean, he didn't do anything. It was the asshole Josh I should be kicking. Sad thing is, this guy is probably a nice guy. Who doesn't lead girls on and actually treats them with respect. He probably tells his parents the truth and has never gone to a party or has never drunken any alcohol before. He doesn't deserve my kicks and attitude whatsoever.

Oh well, too bad I'm a bitch.

I tapped my light pink painted fingernails on my lab desk in an annoying rhythm, carelessly looking around my new class. The walls were a sterile white color while the rest of the furniture were some sort of plastic dark green color. There was a clock and a large chalkboard at the front of the room, proudly displaying charts and graphs of weird scienc-y math. Each lab table had a set of standard goggles and tongs. No test tubes or any of the cool stuff you'd think of in chemistry class anywhere in sight. Cheap ass school.

The teacher walked in, sporting a white collared shirt, brown dress slacks and a checkered tie. He immediately shushed the whole class and began the tedious role call. I simply sighed and decided that this was the perfect class to take a nap in.

"Rue."

I opened my eyes and looked up at the relatively young teacher, making sure to show him my utmost happiness for his class.

I glared at him, "here."

Surprisingly, he rolled his eyes, "Yes. We've established that."

The room echoed with little giggles; probably from some small fan group of girls in the school who secretly kept teacherxstudent novels under their little naive pillows at night.

He cleared his throat, obviously just as annoyed with the girls in my class as I was.

"Good to see that you've decided to grace my classroom with your presence a second time."

I shrugged, "I'm a busy woman".

"And so seems Mr. Carter." He glanced dissaprovingly at the empty lab chair beside me, "You and McLane here will partner up for today."

He placed a worksheet on my desk went off warrily to help a 'struggling' fan girl.

Before I could even wonder who McLane was, the red glasses kid from before stood up and sat down beside me.

He swiftly put his book on the desk and took out a pen before facing me.

"So, uhm, hi." the guy said tentively, drawing out an akward little laugh.

I stared in awe.

Not because of what your thinking. He was not hott, muscle-y, handsome, or whatever weird name you call a hott guy (personally, I like the term "Man Cookie").

He was just oh so adorable!!!

The guy had cute little freckles on his nose and adorable little nerdy red glasses, and messy black hair and....

well, you get the point.

"What's you'r problem?" the guy glared at me.

"Huh?"

I know, brilliant.

"Stop staring."

I blinked a couple of times, before making myself do a 90 degree angle away from him.