Chapter 15 Part II: Over the River and Through the Woods

Chapter 15 Part II

Over the River and Through the Woods

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes later I woke up to Tyson playing with the ends of my hair.

I yawned and smiled, "How long have you been awake?"

He grinned, "Hmmm.. just a few minutes."

I rolled over out of his arms and sat up, stretching.

"Liar."

He sat up as well and put both hands on my shoulders, causing me to lean on his chest. He wrapped his tan arms around my waist.

I looked up at him, our eyes drawing us to each other. I blinked, "We should do something."

He ruffled my hair, "Hmmmm...something to do..."

I watched his cute expression change as he thought hard on what to do.

Finally I couldn't help but snicker as his eyebrows scrunched up together.

He looked down at me confusedly and poked my side.

Laughing, I held onto both of his hands so he wouldn't tickle me anymore.

 "I think I might have an idea as to what we can do," he smiled.

I let go of his hands and got off the bed, "Alright, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, but you'll need a jacket."

"A jacket?" I questioned as I drew one out of my closet.

"Yeah," he sat up.

I draped it over my shoulder, "We're not going anywhere fancy, are we, because I'm not exactly dressed for that."

"When have we ever gone fancy?" he laughed.

"Well, you know what I mean. I don't want to be seen in public," I rolled my eyes.

He got up off the bed, "Don't worry, let's go."

We walked out of my room and down the stairs. I called out to my mom and then we went out the front door and into Tyson's car.

I held my breath as Tyson put his key in the ignition and turned.

This time, it actually started.

I looked at him in surprise, which he laughed.

"Told you I'd get it fixed."

I didn't make any comment and stared out the window. He had always been promising he'd fix his car when we were dating and all he had said then was 'relax, babe, I'll get it fixed.' Of course,back then, he never did.

Guess it's a different story now.

We pulled into a parking garage and I turned away from the window to look at him skeptically.

He grinned.

I frowned. Of course, it wasn't until we were parked that I realized we were at The Place.

"You should have told me we were going here, I would of dressed better."

I held my breath, hoping he wouldn't catch my choice of words. I mean, I would have dressed 'better' than a red v-neck shirt and some ratty jeans. I would have actually done my hair instead of my messy, still somewhat wet hair.

"It's The Place, you don't need to look any better," he laughed as he unbuckled his seat belt, simultaneously leaning over to kiss me on the forehead.