Chapter Five

Tianna

Elijah has really been my happy place lately. I haven't been stressing myself lately about my dad.

It sorta makes me feel guilty, like I don't wanna work on me and my dad's relationship. I would love to fix it, but I don't wanna be the only one working. As time goes by I can see myself accepting the fact that my dad and I just won't have a bond.

That's the easiest route, and me going that way won't change anything.

I lay in bed for another few hours, alternating between watching t.v. and being on my phone.

I decide to get up, and get ready for bed at about 9:30 since I didn't get a nap in today.

I go to my closet and find myself some pajamas then go to the shower.

As soon as I get out I lay back down, and I'm out like a light.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I woke up late as ever today. When I look at the clock I know I'm not going to be able to put a decent looking outfit together. I throw on the first pair of jeans from my closet, a white crew neck shirt, and my carmine 6's. I brush my teeth and wash my face, grab my things and leave the house.

I stop at a light and realize I did nothing to my hair. So I find a ponytail holder and put my hair into a ponytail.

When I arrive at Eli's house he's walking out the door with his keys in his hand. When he sees me he puts his keys in his pocket, and gets in my car.

"Man, I was about to just drive myself." He said while putting his seatbelt on.

"I'm sorry, look at me. Can't you tell I rushed this morning?"

I glanced at him and he was looking at my outfit. "Yea, I can now."

"Right, I look ridiculous just cause I didn't want to have you late for school because of me." I told him.

"No, you don't look ridiculous. You just look regular today." He said doing something on his phone.

"I guess." I mumble.

We drive in silence for a moment.

"I rushed, and now I'm hungry." I complain as I pull into the student parking lot.

"We may as well go get some breakfast. We're late already, why rush now?" He says chuckling.

"But we're already here." I whine.

"Okaaayyy crybaby." He says getting out of the car.

He gets my backpack out of the backseat, and comes to open my door.

"Thank you kind sir." I say jokingly.

"You're welcome Madame." He says laughing a bit.

We walk across the street, and into the building. When we get inside we have to go to attendance and check-in since it was 8:30 and school takes in at 8:15.

After we get signed in, he gives me my bag and we go in opposite directions.

I walk into class and have a seat next to Taylor.

"How come you're late?" She asks looking up at me.

"Girl, I just woke up late. Then you know I have to pick up Eli all this week."

She looks at me dumbfounded. "Uhhh, no I didn't know that. Why do you have to pick him up?"

"Lost a bet." I tell her nonchalantly.